Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2nd Row Buckets

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2007, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Row Buckets

I am having a heck of a time finding a bench 2nd row for the LTZ. Everything else on it is what I am looking for. I have no kids, and not really looking to have any anytime soon. Are the Capt. Chairs that great. (i will also remove the 3rd row ASAP) Someone sell me please. I would like to hear from owners only, I have heard the sales pitch from the dealership.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2nd Row Buckets

I wanted the Capt. chairs in the second row when I got mine but they didn't have any in the color I wanted and I am glad that I didn't get them. I like the extra seating that you get with the bench seat.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 1:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sdfd504

I wanted the Capt. chairs in the second row when I got mine but they didn't have any in the color I wanted and I am glad that I didn't get them. I like the extra seating that you get with the bench seat.
I think the 2nd row captians chairs look cool, butI am glad I got a 2nd bench as well in my LTZ. In addition to the reason sdfd504 said, I like the barrier for keeping my 130lb dog in the cargo area.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 3:02 PM
CF Active Member

OK, I'll tell you why I like the Bucket seats in the 2nd row. At the time I purchased my LTZ, the heated seats for the 2nd row bench were NOT available. I really liked the concept of having the heated seats for the rear passengers as well. Also, the automated access to the third row is very handy, but only if you're going to use the third row. My negative response on this was that they should have made the seat go down automatically also. In my opinion, the bucket seats are more comfortable than the bench, plus honestly how comfortable is it to fit three large adults in the bench seat without sliding around from side to side around corners? I didn't even think about the dog situation, but I already have my smarter-than-me lab trained to stay in the cargo area and not sneak through the area between the buckets. Skis...I was able to put four sets of skis comfortably from the cargo area up to the center console and they fit perfectly without having to buy a ski rack for the roof. Alright that's enough from me, I was just trying to give you a response from someone who LOVES their 2nd row bucket seats. They were one thing I was uncertain about at purchase time, but is one of the features I now enjoy the most.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 5:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Love my second row capt. chairs that are heated and canrecline. I have two kids which love those features.

As mention,notso comfortable putting three adults on asecond row bench seat belted.

I see the seating arrange in the LTZ as six comfortablepassengers -- 4 adults, two children.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 7:31 PM
CF Junior Member

I have the LTZ with the 2nd row buckets, and haven't had a complaint yet from my 6' 14 year old son yet. They are heated and recline and he doesn't have to worry about crowding him if he had the bench seat. I have nothing bad to say except they should slide back and forth but they don't. Another of my complaints to Chevy on the survey when I filled it out.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 8:48 PM
CF Active Member

I agree they should slide back and forth especially when you have passengers in the 3rd row. There sure isn't much room back there, so it would be nice to be able to slide the 2nd row buckets forward for more leg room in the 3rd.
Old April 24th, 2007, 3:02 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same trouble. Wanted the LTZ but wanted the bench seat. There isn't much storage so I wanted the third row out yet still be able to carry five people at times.
Old April 24th, 2007, 3:51 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are saying how crowded the second row bench would be with 3 adults.

Well tell me this, the 3rd row bench is listed as 3 passenger. How in the hell can you fit 3 adults in the 3rd row bench? I am not sure it is wide enough just for my big ****! It cracks me up they label it a 3 person 3rd row!
Old April 24th, 2007, 5:23 PM
CF Junior Member

i have the 2nd row bench but want the captain chairs.. reason is, i have 2 kids 27 month old and 7 month, and when the car seats are in it is a pain in the *** to access the 3rd row.. after car seats the go to booster seats,so noone will sit between them its to tight.. if you have capt chairs its no problem to access the 3rd row just go in middle of seats

Quick Reply: 2nd Row Buckets