Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

3rd row seats won't unfold

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2011, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd row seats won't unfold

i have a 2011 tahoe. i am trying to unfold the seats (NOT remove them from truck). i simply want to unfold them so they can be used. they are latched to the floor, and currently folded down, but they won't unfold. is there a latch or something i am missing? latch 1 and 2 don't seem to work for what i am trying to do.
i am seriously about to lose it...LOL! thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Misty Baker (May 17th, 2021)
Old November 9th, 2011, 7:15 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default seats

remove the seats from the floor brackets, then re-attach, SLAMMING them in place.

if they are not 100% locked they will not open to allow people to sit in them.

it takes more force than you think to get these to lock in place.

the Expedition's not only flat folding, but power... they never have to leave the truck.
Old November 9th, 2011, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

FINALLY got it!! although, it took someone else to SLAM them in place, but we finally opened them! thanks for the quick response.
Old November 9th, 2011, 8:55 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default thanks

I do what i can

I know it ain't much...

I 'replaced' my rear seats with a pickup style box I made from MDF, stained to make water proof, then covered in automotive black... makes my back a real 'trunk'... love it.
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you for the information

I had the 3rd row seats locked down and could not open them. I was about to lose it when I decided to check online. As a woman alone wo a lot of upper body strength I climbed in from the second row and squatted over each seat. I then through all my weight into and use the power in my bumb to get the seats 100% locked down and I do mean they have to be 100% locked down not just locked enough so that the seats do not move. I hate the 3rd row seating.
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Teresa Dillon
I had the 3rd row seats locked down and could not open them. I was about to lose it when I decided to check online. As a woman alone wo a lot of upper body strength I climbed in from the second row and squatted over each seat. I then through all my weight into and use the power in my bumb to get the seats 100% locked down and I do mean they have to be 100% locked down not just locked enough so that the seats do not move. I hate the 3rd row seating.
Welcome to the forum
glad to hear you were able to get them seated... I wish the seats were a bit lighter or were designed to be handled. would also be nice if they were designed to be stowed out of the vehicle. I don't like having to lay them on the garage floor, i'd be nice if they would stand up on there own....
Old October 26th, 2013, 6:12 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Be sure to check the sockets to make sure that there's no debris in them that's preventing them from locking down easily. It shouldn't take your full body weight to latch the seat.

Trending Topics

Old October 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM
CF Junior Member

I am having issues with my 3rd row seats as well. One does not want to fold and it feels like whatever cable might control it is either broken or has come loose.

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum
glad to hear you were able to get them seated... I wish the seats were a bit lighter or were designed to be handled. would also be nice if they were designed to be stowed out of the vehicle. I don't like having to lay them on the garage floor, i'd be nice if they would stand up on there own....
I have not tried this with my 07 seats, but for my 95 3rd row bench seat(just one big seat, not split), I mounted a large hook to a rafter and hung it up by it's release level.
Old February 27th, 2015, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default locked seats

Is there a way of opening the seats while they are not in place on the truck?
Old July 14th, 2016, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default [Solved] the back latches are the key

You can use a finger to rotate the back catches into their locked position. Just kinda pull them forward 'till they click. It was rather easy, I don't think they have any spring resistance. Once both sides are "closed" the seat latch on ether side releases and they open.

Quick Reply: 3rd row seats won't unfold