Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

5.3...What Mods?

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2009, 4:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know, my warranty is almost over anyway.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 7:52 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The tune is detectable. Also if they do a software update, there goes the tune. Many put the tune in a spare ECM and then stick the original back in when taking in for service.

CAI hp increase is at the upper rpm band which is pretty useless. Does increase induction noise tho. Sounds powerful. Sort of like catback exhaust.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Justin said if you lose the tune, he will re-install it free of charge for as long as you own the vehicle. He keeps a copy of your tune in a back-up computer. You will just have to pay to have the module shipped. Or you can keep your original core module and swap it out before you take the truck in for service.

Last edited by Rich E; December 24th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:19 AM
CF Junior Member

thanks for the info....
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Let us know what you decide and the results.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

This is in reference to the Black Bear Tune up. My Tahoe is a 98 with a 5.7 in it, other than the K&N filter the rest is/was stock (270km). I got Justin to tune it and i must say that the performance is night and day, an absolute pleasure to drive this thing. i also noticed a bit better on the Gas as it cruises way better.
Old January 24th, 2010, 6:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Popeye
This is in reference to the Black Bear Tune up. My Tahoe is a 98 with a 5.7 in it, other than the K&N filter the rest is/was stock (270km). I got Justin to tune it and i must say that the performance is night and day, an absolute pleasure to drive this thing. i also noticed a bit better on the Gas as it cruises way better.
What tune did you do? Did you do the cable or traditional? Did you have any issues after you installed the tune? Just installed mine, the truck runs great, but now the check engine light is on and the remote start dosen't seem to be working.
Old January 24th, 2010, 9:21 PM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forums. This site is great. I come here daily.

Last edited by 73shark; January 26th, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Deleted link. Rule #7 violation-promoting related site.
Old January 25th, 2010, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rich E
What tune did you do? Did you do the cable or traditional? Did you have any issues after you installed the tune? Just installed mine, the truck runs great, but now the check engine light is on and the remote start dosen't seem to be working.
Rich: Not sure what you mean by "cable" or "traditional". It was done by Justin in person with his computer plugged into the OBDII. I have had no negative issues though i must say one of these days the boys in blue are gonna notice me! Until now this was my 'tow' truck and was not the DD but after the tune up i am making all excuses to drive it. I've had it side ways a couple of times (the weather does not help). Arising from that i am now looking for some bigger tires for it for better traction, currently running 265/75/16, thinking of going up to 285/75/16. So there are negative aspects to the BB tune up though social in nature.
Old January 25th, 2010, 9:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Ok, I did my tune by mail. I filled out a questionaire and Justin mailed me the modules with the tune on them. I know he does it in person if you can get enough people together but it wasn't happening anywhere near me. You might have to adjust the tune if you change tire size though, send Justin an email before you do.

Last edited by Rich E; January 25th, 2010 at 9:51 AM.

Quick Reply: 5.3...What Mods?