Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

70k mile service?

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2011, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70k mile service?

Just about done detailing my 2007 Tahoe. Full interior and exterior detail, engine, wheel wells, everything.

New wheels and tires as well as a full brake job with painted calipers and rotors seemed to finish it off. The thing looks like new.

All I've done as far as maintenance goes it change the oil on a regular basis. Now I'm wondering what else should be done. My manual doesn't seem to call for maintenance until 100k miles?

I'm thinking of doing a transmission and brake fluid flush. Maybe change the differential fluids as well. Maybe spark plugs.

Any recommendations?
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

all those things should be done. spark plugs dont need to be changed until 100k but im going to change mine at 50 i dont see plugs lasting that long. chances are your brake fluid is dirty colored and the tranny filter should have already have been changed once and the fluid should have been done aswell. diff fluid is probably ok but check the color. maby have the transfercase serviced wile your in there if its 4wd. grease all the zerk fittings and change your air filter. its good to run an in tank fuel injector cleaner also after each oil change. keeps things fresh.
Old August 16th, 2011, 7:40 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the transmission and rear dif fluid changed at about 55k. and I replaced the brakes myself at 65k but did not change the fluid. I may do that sometime soon. spark plugs are good until 100k but it doesnt hurt to change them early - its pretty easy and always good to work on your truck yourself if you can.