Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

93 Suburban Rear Heat Not Working Only Cold Air

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Suburban Rear Heat Not Working Only Cold Air

For some reason my Suburban's rear heat is not working the AC will work but when I put heat the air only changes slightly. Any help would be great. I have the 350 engine if that helps.
Old October 26th, 2007, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 93 Suburban Rear Heat Not Working Only Cold Air

I see many people have this problem with Suburban it worked great one day than the next cold. Anyone who says the rear heat is far away from the front so it gets cold is a idiot. There is something else wrong. I saw other people with a battery issue I might try to disconect the battery overnight and reset the computer.
Old October 26th, 2007, 7:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Are you sure you have rear heat? I had a 94 that had rear A/C but not rear heat.
Old October 26th, 2007, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

I had the truck 9 years and the heat was so hot in the back my kids would tell me shut it off after 2 minutes. It sounds like the door inside that switches the heat and cool air might not be moving all the way shut. Not sure if the computer controls that or not
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think they use a seperate filter, check to see if its plugged, but that wouldnt make sense either if its blowing cold, never mind........next...does the front still blow hot?
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

I can cook a steak in the front it's that hot. I have to shut it off after 2 minutes. When I put the heat on in the back the temp does change a little bit not much maybe 5 degrees
Old October 27th, 2007, 3:22 PM
CF Pro Member

ok so maybe it is a plugged filter to the back and everything is being dumped to the front......I dont know if there are 2 cabin filters or not, look behind the glove box area....
Old October 27th, 2007, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

I did'nt even know about a filter pack. Is this something I should replace like a air cleaner? Might sound funny I just never heard of one. My kids might have put something down there I have 4 one of them did this I bet.
Old October 27th, 2007, 5:48 PM
CF Pro Member

ya all newer GM have a polin filter behind the glove box...depending on where you live you may never change it...here most people change them every year to 2 years, they plug up and no air goes thru....Im thinkin you burb has 2 one for the front and one for the back I dont knwo for sure, but worth a check, and yes should be changed like a air filter...just not as aften maybe.....look behind the glove box....

alsotech just walked by and he said they have a check valve that lets the hot warm fluid go to the back he figures this is plugged or foxored...and not letting the fluid back
Old October 27th, 2007, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Is the name of the part a polin filter? I will look it up and get a replacment. I am missing a piece off my air vent I am thinking now it might have fallen in there but the A\C is cold maybe it is blocking the door from opening. I live in South Philadelphia

Quick Reply: 93 Suburban Rear Heat Not Working Only Cold Air