Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

93 Suburban rear seat removal

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2012, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Suburban rear seat removal

hello folks... we just bought a 93 suburban and it has some issues... The primary one is that it smells like cats... I am trying to spray the thing down with vinegar to neutralize the odor, and I need to pull the rear seat so I can get beneath it... How do I do that?? I can see how to make it fold, and I can make the whole seat tilt forward a bit... how do you release the front so that it comes out??

Drag
Old June 28th, 2012, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

while we are at it, how do I get the drivers seat to move forward and back?? Its electric...

Drag
Old June 30th, 2012, 9:34 PM
CF Active Member

My 97 has a handle at the bottom center at floor level looking at it from the back. Lift up and back on it to remove, the front is open hooked at the front. Cant remember on the 74 and 88. Mines heavy and awkward to move. Not to mention the seat belts i have to unhook from it. My seat has 3 buttons to move the seat, front flipper moves the front up and down, middle **** (joy stick) moves it front back and straight up and down i think. Rear flipper moves the rear side up and down.
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
CF Junior Member

It's been awhile since I traded my '93 in, so I'm going from memory here. As long as you're talking about the 3rd row seat, the 1993 version is the same as BW56's '97 described above. If the seat hasn't been removed in awhile it might take a little WD40 and rocking back and forth to get it loose, and yes it's heavy and awkward.

Power seat controls, which look like this: -- O -- are in a strange place. Instead of in the door panel as in newer models or on the outboard side of the driver's seat bottom, they're actually on the front left of the cushion. If you sit in the driver's seat and reach forward and down with your left hand, you'll find 'em. Now if you mean that you know where the switch is but nothing's happening, then you've got another problem. Fuse, switch or seat motor.

One last bit of advice, since you're trying to clean up the interior: if you take the time to unscrew the plates covering the 2nd and 3rd row seat bottoms, you'll be amazed at the amount of crap you'll pull out that was stuffed between the seats during almost 20 years as a kid and pet taxi. You'll probably also recover a couple of bucks in loose change.

1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL (Wife's)
1998 Mercedes Benz S420 (Wife's)
1995 Mercedes Benz C280 (Daughter's)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 3LT (MINE)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limousine (awaiting restoration) <!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

Last edited by silveroak94; June 30th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

The ONLY way to remove cat pee is with an enzymatic cleaner. Anything that wets cat pee activates the smell the enzymes break down the pee so you can remove it with a rag and then use a cleaner.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 4:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

I have a 93; fold the seat back forward after unhooking seat belt shoulder straps; lift up on the metal handle center bottom of seat from behind it; tilt seat forward to clear the back two brackets, now pull entire seat back to clear the front two brackets. Now you can pull bench out back of the sub. Front seat controls as described above - reach down between your legs for controls; cat pee - as a veterinarian I will tell you it's one of the toughest things to remove. Maybe consider getting it detailed. You can use a black light to find where all the spots are.