Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

95 Tahoe-Make it BEEFY w/ no lift-PICS?

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Tahoe-Make it BEEFY w/ no lift-PICS?

Ok, so I don't think that we are going to do a lift--at least not in the near future-on our son's 95 Tahoe.(See my Mom/Lift post)He will be bummed but oh well-it is my job as a Mom to be a pain in the butt to him, right? Anyway, how can we make this Tahoe lookbeefy and cool without the lift? What are the largest tires/wheels (height & width) that we can use without rub or having to cut away some of the "under fender"(what the heck is that called anyway?) Also, any other "stuff"? For instance, I saw what looked like a stock height Tahoe in town -it had nice wheels and a brush guard with fog lights (?) on the brush guard. It made it look more "beefy" fer sure. Any advice or visual aids would be appreciated. Point me in the direction of some pics to show son HE DOESN'T NEED A LIFT ----at least right now[]
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: 95 Tahoe-Make it BEEFY w/ no lift-PICS?

You might try an aftermarket supplier's website such as Stylin Trucks. A lot of them have pics of their stuff on customer's rides. Brush guards are cool and side step tubes also. Probably would want off road lites instead of fogs but tell him they are for off road only.

Maybe someone else can help you on the wheel/tire combo or try a local tire store for their recommendation.

BTW [sm=welcomesign.gif]to the forum.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 95 Tahoe-Make it BEEFY w/ no lift-PICS?

I just posted a reply to your other post before reading this one. I knew you were a smart, caring Mom. I am glad you are standing firm.

To answer your question, you can definately make your Sons Tahoe more beefy without modifying your suspension by getting bigger tires. I am not sure what size tires you can fit in there, but hopefully somebody else here can point you in the right direction.