Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

96 Suburban Gear Indicator Light Problem (P, 1, 2 work none of rest)

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2012, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Suburban Gear Indicator Light Problem (P, 1, 2 work none of rest)

So I have been chasing down all the demons on my burb and when I went to get my state inspection today they failed me because of this. The indicator lights up in Park, 1 and 2. However R, N, D and 3 do not light up. I just had the transmission re-built and the electronics on it replaced and its still doing this. Any thoughts? I just need this fixed asap so I can get this car legally on the road for my family.

Thank you!
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

forgive me for not remembering the layout, but does each gear have it's own display or is it one display that shows all?

I'd be looking at the dash... I can't believe they would fail you for that... but then again I guess there are idiots that wouldn't know what gear they are in.

wait. if they fail you for that, what do they do on sticks that have different ***** that don't show the shift pattern???

:chug: