Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

97 K1500 Suburban push button 4x4 issues.

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2018, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 K1500 Suburban push button 4x4 issues.

I recently bought a 97 Suburban. Fairly straight rig with 203k on the body. Previous owner had a gm crate 350 installed about 40k miles ago and had the tranny done also at the same time. When I tried the 4x4 the 4 hi light just flashed after hearing the tcase engage. I noticed the 4x4 fuse was blown so I disconnected the front actuator. Fuse did not blow. Changed actuator and pushed the button then everything worked correctly. I cleaned my tools up started the truck and pushed the 4hi to test the 4x4 out and make sure there were no mechanical issues. Well when I hit the button, it flashed one, made a click and went out. 2wd light up but can't get the 4hi or 4lo to light up. Also cannot hear the tcase shift. No blown fuses. Is it just a coincidence that the dash switches has gone bad just that quick after fixing everything else?