Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99' Suburban Fuel Line Leak

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2022, 1:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' Suburban Fuel Line Leak

Hello all, I am seeking a bit of insight regarding an issue with my 99' Suburban. I noticed a strong gas odor when exiting the vehicle and when I looked underneath there was a substantial wet mark on the ground. So I climbed under and had someone start it for me and very quickly found the source of the leak. (I have attached some photos) It appears that my fuel line has a rupture due to it rubbing against a sharp edge as seen in the photo.
The few questions I have are as follows:
1. If those lines are supposed to be making contact with the edge of that tank, there obviously should have been something around the lines to protect them and prevent rubbing on that hard edge, correct?
2. I know this is a stupid question, but is there any way to repair or mend that line even temporarily (i.e. jb weld, flexseal, etc.) or will it have to be replaced?
3. Does replacing the line require any specific mechanics tools or is it something that can be done at home?

Sincere thanks in advance to any and all who take the time to read and reply! Truly appreciate the help!

Old July 26th, 2022, 6:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts

No they are not supposed to be touching a sharp edge. Is that up front by the firewall ? Check for a bad motor mount. Those lines have to be replaced. They are higher pressure fuel lines, patch jobs are not safe.