Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99 tahoe ac bypass pulley?

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2013, 8:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 tahoe ac bypass pulley?

hey everyone so im still working on my 99 tahoe and i was gonna get a whole new ac compressor kit and all the hoses replaced, but its about 300 bucks alone, now compared to a bypass pulley for the a/c compressor, i dont mind no A/C in the summer, but is there any major downfalls here bout replacing the compressor with the new bypass pulley, i dont want no engine power loss, or to run into any problems.... the bypass is 40 bucks at autozone but ive done my research about blocking off the hoses left in the truck, tape over the end of the lines for particles, but i dont kno tomuch on the ac system that can affect the truck, so i appreciate any help or concideration to this problem.....

my ac compressor dont work when turning on, the a/c compressor freezes up on the pulley spinning and itll squeel aand make loud noises, but even when the AC is off, the pulley is loud zinging/squeel sound all the time also, as it is the belt does need to be replaced!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 3:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could it just be a bad clutch that should be much less than a new compressor. Also find out the make and model number of your compressor you might be able to order one on ebay.