Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99 Tahoe No Power

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2011, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Tahoe No Power

5.7 dead on its face. All you can do is barely ride the accelorator. It will crank over but will not start unless starting fluid is shot down the intake.
I have been able to get it to start if I just bump the key repeatedly and not let it turn over. It will never start if its cranked and cranked.

Now to the work that has been done. Intake manifold taken off, cleaned the spider assembly and put in new pressure regulator. New fuel filter, new distributor cap, new spark plugs.

Only thing hasnt been done is fuel pump. It tests out about 52 lbs of pressure on the line. Could this be my only issue? No lights on dash signaling faulty O2 or anything like that.
Thanks Guys! I love this truck!
Stoney1964
Old January 5th, 2011, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default Well

No replies for me. 41 Views.......Hmmmm I may have to try some other forums I guess.
Old January 5th, 2011, 1:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stoney1964
5.7 dead on its face. All you can do is barely ride the accelorator. It will crank over but will not start unless starting fluid is shot down the intake.
I have been able to get it to start if I just bump the key repeatedly and not let it turn over. It will never start if its cranked and cranked.

Now to the work that has been done. Intake manifold taken off, cleaned the spider assembly and put in new pressure regulator. New fuel filter, new distributor cap, new spark plugs.

Only thing hasnt been done is fuel pump. It tests out about 52 lbs of pressure on the line. Could this be my only issue? No lights on dash signaling faulty O2 or anything like that.
Thanks Guys! I love this truck!
Stoney1964
How does it start if you do not let it turn over?
Does it perform without issues once you have it started in this manner?

Are you sure it is pumping gasoline?
You could be pumping water and/or ethanol.

Fuel pump pumping 52psi, okay but what about flow?
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Scan for codes?