Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

ABS and Park Brk. Dash Light on

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2017, 9:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ABS and Park Light in dash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, still comes on,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sometimes it takes 20 - 30 minutes to come on,,,,,sometimes 5 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I found another ground connection on the frame,,,, in front of the module,,, took that one apart also, buffed it up,,, lubed it up,,,, [ the first grd. connection I cleaned up, was to the rear of the module ] I also added a #10 grd wire from both those points to a ground strap lug on the firewall,,,, only thing left would be to continue that on to the battery grd. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,after all that,,,, I am thinking the next move is to replace the ABS module circuit board,, as my code reader told me this the other day : History of ABS error code : C0265.
Will take a break for a while,, then tear into it again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old May 23rd, 2017, 2:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Cleaned grounds,, added a ground wire,, lights still come on,,, sometimes within a few minutes,,, sometimes in a couple hours, so looking into the module replacement,,,,,there are two modules available, will the VIN tell me whether I have Non Traction or Traction Control ?
Old May 23rd, 2017, 6:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if you mean stability control the rpo code is jl4 iirc. check out the rpo sticker in the glove box and see which option you have jl4 or jl9
Old May 23rd, 2017, 6:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Well the parts houses call it with Traction Control, or without traction control,,,,, so, is traction control, stability control the same thing,, in the old days was it limited slip differential,,,, or posi-traction ?
Old May 23rd, 2017, 7:03 PM
CF Junior Member

I do not see a jl4 or jl9,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old May 24th, 2017, 4:15 AM
CF Junior Member

According to a GM master rpo code list,,,,, Traction Control is rpo code NW7 and or NW9,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so,,, in a perfect world,,, the rpo says this Burb' has 'NO' traction control,,,,,,but my tag also says G80, which according to list is Posi-Traction / Limited Slip differential. no Traction control but Limited Slip rear end seems odd,,,,,,,,,,,, FYI for all, I attached a master rpo pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GM RPO Master List.pdf (1.12 MB, 430 views)
Old May 24th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

traction control is a ebcm modulated system....the ebcm see's wheel slip and tells the pcm backs of ignition timing, downshifts to limit power to the drive wheels.... limited slip is something altogether different. if you don't have the nw7 rpo code in you rpo sticker....you don't have traction control.

does it say the module needs programming after installation? oem parts from the dealer required programming.

Last edited by tech2; May 24th, 2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old May 24th, 2017, 3:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Thank you for the reply,,,,,,, and great info,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,none of the after market modules mention anything about programming,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wondered that also,,,, since 2 Burbs of the same year may or may not have the exact same RPO numbers,,, but most numbers have nothing to do with the abs module,,,,, the traction control nw7 is key,,, I just discovered,,,the modules have different # pin connections,on one of the three connectors, between Traction and No Traction,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I guess we must assume that nw7 is the only rpo number to be concerned with ??? Thanks again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have one more ground to clean,,,, frame ground by the radiator,,, but,, I did run a #10 stranded copper wire from the abs module frame ground tap to a body mount ground tap,and then to a stud on the firewall, that also had a strap ground connected to engine,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so,,,,, thinking it is a module deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old May 24th, 2017, 4:09 PM
CF Junior Member

More info: No code clearing is required in most cases for American built vehicles. Some older European and Japanese models may need to be cleared using an ABS code reader.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/ho...abs-controller
Old May 24th, 2017, 4:47 PM
Super Moderator

i'm not referring to clearing dtc. I am referring to installing the programming into a blank module. if it requires dealer programming, it will be about $130 charge.

a used module has the programming...a new module may not...a new module may fit multiple vehicles and model specific programming is downloaded when installed.
Clarify this with the seller.