Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

ABS and Park Brk. Dash Light on

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2017, 4:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok,, I get it,,,, some of modules are 're-furbs',,,,,,,,,,,,,, or repaired,,,,,,,,,,,, but programming data could be lost during that process,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the other option is to open the module, and look for "cold-solder-connections",,, there are a few particular solder points in the GM module,,,,,that seem to fail regularly,,, that job I can do in house,,,,,,,,,,,but a screw up there means no Burb for a while,,,,the hard part will getting at the module torx-head screws on the module,,,the highly educated engineers decided to mount the ABS system,, under the car, under the drivers door inside the frame,, not a good location for that stuff here in the rust belt mid-west,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks again for all your help,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old May 24th, 2017, 5:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Its a good spot to access for repair and with a skid plate they last a long time. the fault with your module is not from road debris or rust belt...its internal.

there are online rebuilders for about $100
Old May 24th, 2017, 5:15 PM
CF Junior Member

yes ,,, I looked at a few re-builder places,,,, some,,, you send yours in,,,, they fix it ,,they send it back,,,,, some send a repaired module,,,, for say 160 to 200 bucks, then they refund you $100 when they receive your returned core,,,,, I like the latter,,, minimum down time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but then that programming thing enters the recipe,,,,,,,,,ugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Still really like the 02 Burb,,[ got it a few weeks ago ],, sorta' fun fixing stuff,,, even this adventure,,,,, I got it cause I like the wife's 07 Burb,,,, the oil eater,,, but that is another battlefield,,,,,,,,,,,
Old May 27th, 2017, 7:31 PM
CF Junior Member

ARRRRRRRRRGH !! Did one more frame mount ground clean up,, up front by radiator,,,,, 3rd frame ground clean-up done so far,,, put my code reader on and cleared all codes,, and ABS codes,, that was 2 days ago,, made several short trips,,,,, and even a couple longer trips,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no ABS or Parking Brake error lights,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unti l this afternoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, , so,, it is one of two things,,, the module has a 'cold solder' / internal hic-cup,,,,or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there 'is' something wrong with any one of the 4 ABS sensors on the wheels,and at 'exactly' the same time a problem with the parking brake,,,, since both lights come on at the same time,,,, the mystery continues,,,, and at least one supplier says replacement modules are 'plug-n-play',,,,,,,,,,,, no additional, or dealer programming required,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old June 5th, 2017, 1:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Well, my journey with the ABS module has ended in failure,,,, now the fix is 2 pieces of black tape over ABS and Parking Brake dash light. Had the Burb up on hoist, cannot remove any of the module torx bolts,,, one is half rusted away, so no tool will grab it,,,,, too bad the module was not under hood like many other GM-s,,,, rust belt climate mid-west has one this round,,,,