Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

AC BLOWER MOTOR SPEED VARIES

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2007, 1:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC BLOWER MOTOR SPEED VARIES

hello everyone has anyone notice that the ac blower motor varies speeds sometime when you accelerat and decelerate . or on sharp turns under the feeter. my blower motor speed is always on full blast and sometimes i notice it doing this when i accelerate to higher speeds. is there anything that has to do with the alternator i once had a oddyssey van doing this and we cut a piece of wire from alternator or removed dont remember but that took care of this issue. is anyone aware of something like this on our tahoes etc. thanks
Old July 11th, 2007, 2:10 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AC BLOWER MOTOR SPEED VARIES

This is normal.
The blower fan speed is slightly reduced when the engine cooling fans are operating to prevent from overloading the electrical system.
Old July 12th, 2007, 1:11 PM
CF Junior Member

ok thanks
Old August 12th, 2008, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Tahoe LT3. My AC fan speed fluctuates and it can happen when I'm sitting at a stoplight. Sometimes it goes up and down several times over the course of 60 seconds. Often times the max AC button will turn off on it's own.

I have brought it to the dealer four times! The first two times they said nothing was wrong. The third time they told me the aspirator was bad and they needed to program something. That worked for about a day. I brought it in a 4th time (today) and they told me they don't know what the problem is so they are going to replace the control head.

They added that fan speed fluctuation is normal. I think they just don't know. Like I said, I can drive down the block and on the way the fan speed will go up and down. I sit at a stop sign and the fan speed will go from a middle setting to low and the max ac will shut off.

Anyone that knows of a fix for this issue (or what can cause it) then please email me at jjdavis49@sbcglobal.net
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: nflguy

I have a 2007 Tahoe LT3. My AC fan speed fluctuates and it can happen when I'm sitting at a stoplight. Sometimes it goes up and down several times over the course of 60 seconds. Often times the max AC button will turn off on it's own.

I have brought it to the dealer four times! The first two times they said nothing was wrong. The third time they told me the aspirator was bad and they needed to program something. That worked for about a day. I brought it in a 4th time (today) and they told me they don't know what the problem is so they are going to replace the control head.

They added that fan speed fluctuation is normal. I think they just don't know. Like I said, I can drive down the block and on the way the fan speed will go up and down. I sit at a stop sign and the fan speed will go from a middle setting to low and the max ac will shut off.

Anyone that knows of a fix for this issue (or what can cause it) then please email me at jjdavis49@sbcglobal.net

This is exactly what my tahoe is doing. I took it to the dealer and they said they had to program something and it worked for about a day and then broke again. The recirculate button turns itself on and off again even at a stop and the fan blows full power then drops down to almost silent then blows full power again.
Old September 6th, 2015, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chris J
This is exactly what my tahoe is doing. I took it to the dealer and they said they had to program something and it worked for about a day and then broke again. The recirculate button turns itself on and off again even at a stop and the fan blows full power then drops down to almost silent then blows full power again.
I have the same problem with my 08 suburban but I haven't taken it to a dealer because the dealers lie and they don't know what they are doing. The president could probably fix the car before the dealer could ( and he's an idiot).