Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Aging Suburban losing some its good ride

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2016, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aging Suburban losing some its good ride

I have a 2007 Suburban LT, the ride of this Suburban is what sold me on it but now I can tell its got some years on it and I can feel the rough spots in the road more than I used to. It has a 149,000 on it and still runs great. I know it will never be new again but what can I do to get a little of that smooth ride again. Have not replaced shocks yet. Thanks
Old March 26th, 2016, 9:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 205 Likes on 179 Posts

Start with shocks, you will probably be surprised how much better it rides - an easy fix!
Old March 28th, 2016, 11:34 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lots of things can affect the ride, tires, pressure in tires, age of tires, shocks, and suspension pieces.

I agree with RED, my addition to his response is to replace with factory shocks. They will give you back the same feel it had before. Don't even bother with aftermarket, too much guessing.
Old March 29th, 2016, 9:19 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I will second those ideas mentioned above as well as sticking with OEM parts, they got you this far and will likely get you another 7-9 years...
I was surprised to find my sway bar end link bushings has deteriorated, so for sure replace them, also consider using some silicon lube on teh bar bushings to quite and smooth out the bar roll against the rubber.

Worn End links
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...-2007-a-74732/

Quick struts or just replace the shock tube
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...t-60220/page3/