Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Alarm Systems

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2007, 9:56 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Systems

How many folks out there have Viper alarm / keyless entry / remote start systems in their vehicles. How's it working out for you?

TIA ... Allen
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alarm Systems

i've had the viper 791XV on my yukon since i bought it in 03. my responder took a dump after 2 years of normal use. replacement was like 75 bucks (90 retail).
other than that, i love it. i'm considering the clifford matrix 70.5X for my tahoe. it matches the ebony/metal Z71 interior. plus the new system has a color screen on the remote. any of the DEI systems work well, depending on your budget. VIPER, CLIFFORD, or PYTHON.
Old May 16th, 2007, 1:48 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have "had" 3 of the 791xv's and only have good things to say about it!
Old May 16th, 2007, 5:48 PM
CF Active Member

i have a dei python 990 and love it. however is was a pain to get it to work properly on the 2007 tahoe since there were no can bus interfaces available when i installed it.
Old May 16th, 2007, 5:57 PM
CF Active Member

Hey guys Ive never upgraded my alarm system on both the cars Ive had so far. What are some of the major advantages of the systems you guys are discussing over the stock system?
Old May 16th, 2007, 7:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Basic upgrades are range or remote, safety, and what I like most are the 2-way remotes.
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and themore completesystems like big's and mine have sensors that factory alarms don't. like the hood sensor. if your hood is popped the alarm activates plus the starter kill is engaged. same with the level sensor. if your tahoe is lifted on either end (as if hooked to a tow-truck) = alarm + kill switch.
i've actually been warned by my remote that someone was breaking into my yukon while i was in a late movie at the mall. the vibrate mode is only reason i noticed it. at the time i was still playing ball. 6'1" 235lbs running a 4.6 and needless to say that little punk got his *** whooped that night. i missed the movie (Blade Trinity). my window was busted out. but my video/sound system remained untouched.
get one.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:28 PM
CF Junior Member

WOw what a nice system joj you and big have.. you hoooked me on one.. SO.. is there a product name that gives you all the sensors... and this system you told us about???/ if so please lead me to the site that sells them or the product brand so we can get it installed... thanks so much... by the way joj you must have been a running back... w you BODY STATS.. plus your speed and lets see you in full color w you hoe.. COME ON OUT.. smile.. thanks Marie
Old May 17th, 2007, 9:15 AM
CF Active Member

Thanks everyone for the great responses. I've purchased a Viper 2-way remote system with everything but remote start (Was $200+ extra). It gets installed tomorrow morning. I feel confident that it's the best one for my needs.

Allen
Old May 17th, 2007, 9:30 AM
CF Active Member

Anyway to make these aftermarket systems work with the factory remotes and in conjunction with the factory alarm? That would be very trick!

Quick Reply: Alarm Systems