Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2007, 1:43 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe

Yes. However it is back on its way to us as we speak. 1701g will do full intergration of alarm and remote start into 07 GM's. BadA$$ piece.
Old June 10th, 2007, 3:38 PM
CF Active Member

Hi. Who makes this 1701g piece? How exactly does it integrate and what is so special about it?
Old June 10th, 2007, 6:15 PM
CF Active Member

directed electronics makes the piece...it will allow the interfacethat allows thedoorlocks to work with the alarm instead of having to rewire each of the front doors in the doors and the rear doors at the bcm as well as the rear hatch...i believe the piece is now a 1701g1.
Old June 10th, 2007, 6:17 PM
CF Active Member

Hi. Do you have a link to this unit online or for sale somewhere?
Old June 10th, 2007, 7:20 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: xclusive

directed electronics makes the piece...it will allow the interfacethat allows thedoorlocks to work with the alarm instead of having to rewire each of the front doors in the doors and the rear doors at the bcm as well as the rear hatch...i believe the piece is now a 1701g1.
correct DEI makes the piece. the 1701g which was pulled due to legal matters actually does full remote start interface, door locks all doors or drivers priorty than passengers, rear glass pop, rear liftgate( i havent had a chance to confirm this option). Basically you wire the alarm and r/s to the interface and it controls it thru the data bus system where as before you would have to run all of the wires to actual wiring in the vehicle. Much faster for the installer and less tapping into factory wiring.
The 1701g1 which took the place of the 1701g does not due remote start interface.
Scott I thought you wanted to upgrade or add on to your factory system?
Old June 10th, 2007, 9:36 PM
CF Active Member

Hi. Well I want the best option for my vehicle. I wouldn't mind a two way pager system but they all seem too universal for the Tahoe with special options like rear lift gate and such... What exactly is included with this Directed 1701g?
Old June 11th, 2007, 6:16 AM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: scott_mckinney

Hi. Well I want the best option for my vehicle. I wouldn't mind a two way pager system but they all seem too universal for the Tahoe with special options like rear lift gate and such... What exactly is included with this Directed 1701g?
it is a interface to be used with an alarm or remote start system. it does nothing without a unit telling it what it wants to do.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

So I tried to purchase the 1701G but the company indicated that it was not available but that the 1701G1 was - per the previous post this unit does not perform the same but there was an indication of a new module that was forthcoming - does anyone have any information on that new module?

Thanks!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 6:38 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: egrigson

So I tried to purchase the 1701G but the company indicated that it was not available but that the 1701G1 was - per the previous post this unit does not perform the same but there was an indication of a new module that was forthcoming - does anyone have any information on that new module?

Thanks!
1701 is back. They need to update their knowledge base.We have a bunch.

1701 does full remote start INTERFACE into the 07 Tahoe's along with trunk operation (glass or autohatch) as well as doorlocks etc.
heres a list:
Tach Output
Hood Output
Factory Arm/Lock input
Remote Start Input
Factory Disarm/Unlock Driver's Door Input
Panic Input
Factory Disarm/Unlock All Doors
Glass/Hatch/Trunk Relase or Power Lift Gate Open/Close (this is a learned feature)
Remote Start Shutdown Output (12v output to brake Input on RS)
Ignition Status Output
Door Status Output
Glass/Hatch/Trunk Status Output
Bypass Output (PKIII)

The 1701G1 is pretty much the same thing minus the bypass and remote start features.

Now I know this seems very easy but the start cycle on the tahoe is pretty complex, so if your not familar with how these GM Multiplex systems work I recommended to find an Installer with the know-how. If you do not follow the start cycle properly the system can trip codes that could be only seen via the dealer. It would not show up on the dash.

Old July 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: e

ORIGINAL: egrigson

Thanks!
1701 is back. They need to update their knowledge base.We have a bunch.

1701 does full remote start INTERFACE into the 07 Tahoe's along with trunk operation (glass or autohatch) as well as doorlocks etc.
heres a list:
Tach Output
Hood Output
Factory Arm/Lock input
Remote Start Input
Factory Disarm/Unlock Driver's Door Input
Panic Input
Factory Disarm/Unlock All Doors
Glass/Hatch/Trunk Relase or Power Lift Gate Open/Close (this is a learned feature)
Remote Start Shutdown Output (12v output to brake Input on RS)
Ignition Status Output
Door Status Output
Glass/Hatch/Trunk Status Output
Bypass Output (PKIII)

The 1701G1 is pretty much the same thing minus the bypass and remote start features.

Now I know this seems very easy but the start cycle on the tahoe is pretty complex, so if your not familar with how these GM Multiplex systems work I recommended to find an Installer with the know-how. If you do not follow the start cycle properly the system can trip codes that could be only seen via the dealer. It would not show up on the dash.

Just purchased an 07 tahoe as well and I am extremely interested in getting the factory alarm upgraded. With the 1701 re-released, what other DEI alarm system would go along with the module. I am mainly interested in shock and possibly glass or air pressure.

If I go to a few local installers is there anyhting I should ask for specifically as far as keeping factory options and remotes.

Thanks "e" for your insight.

Quick Reply: Alarm Upgrade for 2007 Tahoe