Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Alternatives for OEM nav and backup camera for 08 suburban??

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2012, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternatives for OEM nav and backup camera for 08 suburban??

Hello all,

I've recently posted a thread in the Tahoe/Suburban category inquiring about parts needed for OEM nav and backup camera. I figured why not ask around about aftermarket systems out there and get opinions. Does anyone use an aftermarket brand for either nav or backup camera? I'd like to keep the view in the nav screen as opposed to a dash mounted monitor or replacement mirror which shows the backup view. Any opinions on coolest models and brands??
Old July 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not too savvy when it comes to the Onstar equipped vehicles, so if you have that, it may be an issue.

Otherwise, I would suggest looking at Sony. I've had several over the years, and not had any major issues. I did, however, get a Pioneer this last time, and am regretting it. I got the HD radio box, and it has lost the left channel after 14 or so months. And even when it worked, I didn't like how the presets work. On a Sony, you can surf up all 18 in a single string. The Pioneer makes you manually switch between three sets of six. Nav and B/U cam are available in most brands. I don't use nav, but dig being able to keep an eye on the trailer with the cam. I'm also hooked on the Bluetooth hands free.