Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is anyone else...

Old January 21st, 2007, 3:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone else...

having trouble trying to get the windshield washer fluid to spray the windshield? It seems mine only squirts a small strip of water and I have to hold the button to get the fluid to leak into the path of the wiper.
Old January 21st, 2007, 3:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is anyone else...

Mine are working well. Maybe your nozzles are clogged???
Old January 21st, 2007, 3:57 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: engine2

I don't think they could be since I park in a heated garage and my work parking lot doesn't have a tree for 500 feet. I think they may be aimed bad. Never seen these type of sprayers. Anyone know how to reaim these without breaking them?.
Old January 21st, 2007, 4:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine doesn't need to be reaimed, mine just doesn't spray a wide enough pattern. My pass side sprays a wide pattern and does well but the driver's side just doesn't get the job done. It sprays a small streem on the lowerside of the wiper and NOTHING sprays to the top or left side of the arm. Been that way since day 1.
Old January 21st, 2007, 4:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: doo600

ORIGINAL: engine2

I don't think they could be since I park in a heated garage and my work parking lot doesn't have a tree for 500 feet. I think they may be aimed bad. Never seen these type of sprayers. Anyone know how to reaim these without breaking them?.
doo600,
These type of washers are a first for me as well. I hope you can reaim them. Keep us posted on a fix.
Old January 21st, 2007, 4:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Same here. Not very effective spray pattern. I did not find any way to adjust it.
In addition if I do not use the rear window washer for few days, it will take forever to get the fluid to spray on the back window.
I have to hold the button for very long time. The fluid will first run all over the tailgate and bumper, before it actually starts to spray effectively on the glass. Poor design perhaps?
Old January 21st, 2007, 6:16 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is just the design. You almost have to use a full tank of fluid to get fluid over the entire front windshield. It is way to narrow of spread!

I am guessing there is a reason. Possible if the spray path widened it might not have enough pressure to be consistent. The air pressure may cause it to blow to much? Just an idea, probably not correct.

I do like the location of the spray coming out of the actual arm, better than on the hood or in the hood vent! However, I would say there is still some work to be done to perfect the concept.
Old January 21st, 2007, 7:13 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Might check for a leak or split hose/tubing on your rear. That's not normal, at least not on mine.

I will give kudos to the heated washer fluid tho. When you have to leave your truck outside and it gets all of that frost, it sure comes in handy. Takes about 30 seconds to heat and then voila, no frost.
Old January 21st, 2007, 8:33 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Might check for a leak or split hose/tubing on your rear. That's not normal, at least not on mine.

I will give kudos to the heated washer fluid tho. When you have to leave your truck outside and it gets all of that frost, it sure comes in handy. Takes about 30 seconds to heat and then voila, no frost.
I do like the heated washer fluid on a frosted window but again the spray pattern isn't wide enough and I grind away the wipers on the frost because the fluid doesn't get to the top.
Old January 21st, 2007, 9:57 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

I may have the dealer check this. The Tahoe is new only month and half. So this would be just another thing that is wrong with it.
All minor so far, but annoying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is anyone else...