Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Anyone wish they would of got the Suburban?

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2007, 3:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone wish they would of got the Suburban?

I love my 07 LTZ Tahoe but miss the storage of the suburban. Anyone else wish they would of purchased the Suburban?

Maybe I should go into the Suburban site and see if someone wants a trade?
Old July 9th, 2007, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Anyone wish they would of got the Suburban?

nope!! Suburban looks like a bus.. its way to long for my taste..
Old July 9th, 2007, 3:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suburban wouldn't have fit in my garage...
Old July 10th, 2007, 9:00 AM
CF Junior Member

I have the suburban. To me it rides much nicer than the tahoe not to mention the storage. The only thing that irks me is the seat setup. I really miss the fold flat seating in the second row. Just for those days when you need to get a sheet of plywood in there.
Old July 15th, 2007, 6:46 AM
CF Senior Member

When I fisrt went to the dealer to buy a Tahoe I ended up driving out of there in a Suburban insted.

My wife and I wanted a Tahoe and were set on getting one untill I saw how little of space there was in the cargo area. I keep stuff in the back all the time as well as my wife when she takes it down the shore. The problem is she leaves all the beach chairs and stuff like that in the truck 24/7. I can lay it all flat and put the cargo shade inplace and never know its there. If I had the Tahoe the chaits would have to be stood straight up blocking the rear view and we would also have to take them in and out everytime we got home. With the Suburban I only need to take them out one time when I get home, at the end of the season.
Old July 15th, 2007, 9:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fbickley

I have the suburban. To me it rides much nicer than the tahoe not to mention the storage. The only thing that irks me is the seat setup. I really miss the fold flat seating in the second row. Just for those days when you need to get a sheet of plywood in there.
You can still lay plywood. Just lay the 3rd and 2nd Row Seat backs flat, lay down some towels, and you have a raised but functional flat platform.

I have the tahoe and do wish I went for the burban in hindsight. I like the full doors on the burban, I like the fact you can leave the 3rd row up and still have storage behind the seat, and I think the burban looks more proportional. Needless to say, I do love my Tahoe and dont plan on trading anytime soon.
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
CF Active Member

No regrets about the Tahoe. We would notuse the additional space enough to justify the length and also it would be too long for offroad use. Although, during the last road trip to the inlaws we hauled a lot of stuff back and could have used the extra space.
Old July 16th, 2007, 1:42 PM
CF Junior Member

I know you can, and you actually have a little more room that way. You just need a support in back and a bag of rag towels. I still can't fit the full sized couch in the back like I used to though. But I have a trailor for that kind of thing anyway.
Old July 16th, 2007, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

I did. That's why we traded in our '07 Tahoe w/ 5k miles to get a Yukon XL. We joke that it was time to change the oil, so instead we decided buy new. I regret not looking at the Burb/XL from the beginning! My wife wouldn't even think of the idea, she thought it was just too big. Unfortunately with 2 kids, car seats, friends, family, roadtrips, shopping(Costco) ect. ect., we learned right away that the Tahoe was just not big enough. The wife now loves the XL!!! Although if/when GM decides to make a Burb/XL with a Diesel, I will trade this one in a heartbeat.