Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Auto leveler compressor

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2012, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto leveler compressor

Check suspension light came on and the dealer tells me that the auto leveler compressor needs to be replaced. (part #20930288)
The compressor is a whopping $477 + labor. Has anyone replaced this in there ride and where is the best place to shop for this part that wont drain my wallet so much.
Thanks for any help...
Old August 20th, 2012, 9:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Sorry man...welcome to the club. Before you replace the compressor make sure the shocks (or lines themselves) don't have a leak. Why you ask....well your compressor probably failed because it was running constantly due to a leak in a line or one of the shocks.

The worst part....if you do have a leaky shock those are even more expensive to replace. Yeah, I know, I'm just full of good news.

Don't fret...I'm right there with you. My compressor is shot, I have a leak somewhere and I'm struggling to find a repair shop willing to install the Arnott air ride conversion kit. It sucks, no doubt.
Old August 20th, 2012, 9:59 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Compressor failure is pretty common. Evaluate the system completely you could contact strut masters and buy a kit to remove the air ride.
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:10 PM
CF Beginner

Try RockAuto.com They have an ad on the side bar. They have a lot of Delco parts for cheaper than the dealer or any of the retail stores. Of course it takes 2-4 days to get the parts.