Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bg moa

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2016, 8:53 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Bg moa

So I picked up 5 cans of BG's Motor Oil Additive ( ordered via Amazon) to give a try. I have never really bought into the additives (snake oil) angle but hey why not give it a try as the tech really has come around to have some validity.
I originally got it to use in the wife's Dodge Journey which has the 4cyl and I am using it with M1 in her vehicle but I just changed the oil in my 07 Tahoe with 115,000 miles on her with the 5.3l w/afm and afm disabled via Range device. I have always used M1 full synthetic. I have had a couple of noisy start ups no matter the time of year, hot or cold over the past couple of years,I have always kept the level at or near full.
I added a can of the BG MOA to this last oil change and I swear the engine start up is MUCH quieter!
Is anyone else using BG MOA and feel its actually doing its job?
I also use the BG fuel additive though more often than not I use Techron because it is readily available from Sam's and Costco in bulk, whereas the BG cleaner has to be ordered on-line and is subject to price fluctuations.
Old May 20th, 2016, 3:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used the oil additive but have been a regular user of the fuel treatment for over 15 years in everything from ATV's, 4Wheelers, boats, generators and all of my cars and trucks. Never been disappointed. Think I'll give it a try since my Tahoe just rolled over 231K.

FYI, I get mine from a local Nissan dealership since most use it exclusively in the service dept. Probablay not as cheap as online but keeps me from having to keep a bunch of it around...
Old May 20th, 2016, 10:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant say I can verify anything but I do know a lot of people that use it and we sold a ton of BG products when I worked at an independent shop
Old May 20th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

keep the widget in the can!
Old May 24th, 2016, 11:05 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What ratio of BG to oil do you use? I used to use mobil one, but have been using 5 qts. of Castrol syntec or what used to be called syntec, and 1 qt. of Lucas oil synthetic oil stabilizer. I haven't noticed any difference in cold starts as far as noise goes, I still hear the cold tick. Just wanted to try it since my tech buddy swears by it, and I thought it would help with my oil burning.

Speaking of oil burning I have had my Range device (AFM disabler) in for some time now, and I am just about at 4000 miles on it, and I have not had any "add engine oil" message as of yet. without the range device, I would get to about 3300-3500 miles and would get the add oil message. So far seems to be working well to at least slow down my oil consumption if not eliminate it completely.
Old May 24th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Administrator

I put in 5.5 quarts of Mobile 1 5w-30 and 1 can of the BG MOA... I was saving the widgets but stopped as I had heard that they do you no good if you are not having it serviced at a authorized dealer of BG products..
Typerod, I added a catch-can and was surprised how much oil it is catching in just a few hundred miles of use ( I forgot to note the miles I had when I installed it but will note the oil change I just did)
The catch can will keep that PCV oil from ever reaching the combustion chamber and coking up the intake manifold.

Old May 25th, 2016, 12:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Thanks in2pro! I've been meaning to buy that particular catch can. But after spending about $4K on my Tahoe in the last 2 months, this has gotten moved down to the bottom of my to do list, lol. Is this video yours? when you get a chance could you take a pic of the area the catchcan is in? or did you post a thread about your install? I can't remember, lol.

Nevermind, I found your posting with pics. thx!

Last edited by Typerod; May 25th, 2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old May 25th, 2016, 3:31 PM
Administrator

Typerod, yes the video is mine, yes I did do a write up but I had it included as part of the AFM thread (maybe I should have kept it separate in retrospect) here is the link and I have also attached a pic that is also in the thread...
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...18/#post315703
Attached Thumbnails Bg moa-moroso-catch-can.jpg  
Old May 27th, 2016, 11:04 AM
CF Senior Member

Thank you in2pro! That thing looks right at home in there! =)
Old May 27th, 2016, 7:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

all di gassers should have these. the yellow black slime that builds up in the 3.6, acadia, tranverse and buick version, is significant... the amount out of your catch can video x 5.

Last edited by tech2; May 27th, 2016 at 7:50 PM.