Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

BlueTooth + Iphone 3GS / 4

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2010, 8:39 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

in2pro: I try to get the same service writer but after I buy a vehicle, I always meet the service mgr. Seems to help when you're dealing w/ the service writer and he walks by and says hello by your name. Maybe it's just me. Of course it doesn't help w/ a bad design problem like STsqrl is experiencing.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 1:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing up a old post.
I know how much sabrtoothsqrl loves the 09 GM radio
I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ as well.

Work is letting me drive a 2010 F150 with Standard radio and Sync.

I must say Sync has it **** together. I am impressed. I have a black berry for work. It loaded up all my contacts. It will also play the music from my blackberry via bluetooth media.
Also typical Ipod USB hookup plays outstanding as well.

I tried a 1 gig thumbdrive but sync announced it will not play copyright material. Somthing on my end I assume.
Still have to try the voice controls. I was reading you can say "bluetooth input" etc

Will my GM 2009 play bluetooth media. Can we upgrade our 09 to 2010's if it has these options?
Dennis
Old October 4th, 2010, 6:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The short answer is,,,,no. Anything is possible, but it's probably not worth the cost and hassle, even if you could get the correct parts from GM. After my last nav/voice recognition fix, mine seems to work almost everytime. That version of head unit only supports hands free. Again, what issues I have seemed to be related to the phone that I'm trying to connect to the truck. The latest BB that work issued is OK. Sync is cool, but it won't make me buy a Ford anymore than a gucci home theater will get me to buy a house in a bad neighborhood.