Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can a private citizen buy a new tahoe special service package

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2012, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a private citizen buy a new tahoe special service package

Can a private individual buy a new Tahoe Special Service Package
Hello...

I did a quick search with no luck...

Can a private citizen buy a brand new Tahoe Special Service Package vehicle? Not the 2x4 pursuit Tahoe, the 4x4 Special Service Package.
I know you couldn't buy a Brand new ford police interceptor but what about the Tahoes?

Now I want to clarify... I don't want to drive around in a "Police" Tahoe. I'm looking to buy the Special Service Package for the 4x4 and the the heavier duty suspension, transmission, and oil cooler... Basically I want the heavy duty bits and pieces and keep the civilian appearance.

I do allot of driving and I also live on a less than perfect 3 mile dirt road that winds up a mountain in the Rockies and I just want a robust vehicle. I used to own a Ford police Crown Vic and the thing was bullet proof.

Thanks for the help
Speedbird747
GDC
Old November 4th, 2012, 6:43 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
I don't see why not... I believe the vehicles are purchased as fleet and are sent out for the modifications, I don't think its a dealer option per se, a call to your local dealer should be able to answer that... I would speak to someone in fleet sales..
Old November 4th, 2012, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum...
I don't see why not... I believe the vehicles are purchased as fleet and are sent out for the modifications, I don't think its a dealer option per se, a call to your local dealer should be able to answer that... I would speak to someone in fleet sales..
I appreciated the advise... I travel for work so when I get home ill ask my local Chevy dealer about it.

Any other input anyone..
Old November 5th, 2012, 5:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not look into a Suburban 2500 ? Comes with everything you are looking for.
Old November 5th, 2012, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Why not look into the GMC Yukon, that comes a little beefier then the Tahoe.
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

How so?
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

I have heard because its gmc, not technically chevy, their parts and frame are made a little different because they are more of a truck company rather then a general public sales company. So for example when they put say a suspension on a yukon, its more of a heavy truck suspension rather then a light suv/or smaller truck suspension. This is just what i have heard, and i do believe it a little because if you look at the blue book value of a yukon vs a tahoe, the yukon is always more provided its the exact same truck.
Old November 6th, 2012, 1:02 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jcarcich2000
I have heard because its gmc, not technically chevy, their parts and frame are made a little different because they are more of a truck company rather then a general public sales company. So for example when they put say a suspension on a yukon, its more of a heavy truck suspension rather then a light suv/or smaller truck suspension. This is just what i have heard, and i do believe it a little because if you look at the blue book value of a yukon vs a tahoe, the yukon is always more provided its the exact same truck.
AFAIK it's an urban legend. All three come off the same line in Arlington, TX.

Try checking P/Ns for parts like shocks, springs, etc and see if they're different.
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedbird747
I appreciated the advise... I travel for work so when I get home ill ask my local Chevy dealer about it.

Any other input anyone..
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Speedbird747,

The Special Service Package requires a fleet or government sales order. I recommend contacting your local dealers for additional information.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 7th, 2012, 5:12 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Check these out... On one of them they state that the Dual Battery option has been deleted

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/g...de%20Tahoe.pdf

Police Vehicles | Full Line | GM Fleet

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/g...al%20Guide.pdf

Last edited by in2pro; November 7th, 2012 at 5:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Can a private citizen buy a new tahoe special service package