Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

can't remove 3rd row seat

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2012, 5:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you.

Yes I still have the problem. It's definitely unlatching the left side, but the right side stays latched and the #2 handle stays up, but the seat will not tilt. When I push the whole seat back down it clicks back in place.

It's the 3rd row bench seat. Just like my other one which never failed!
Old November 14th, 2012, 7:09 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Best guess is something in the release cable has slipped and is not unlatching.
Old November 18th, 2012, 8:53 AM
CF Beginner

I think you're right on. I got the material off underneath on one side and can see the cable, but can't really get to it. Does anyone have a diagram of the cable system of the seat?
Old April 11th, 2015, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default #2 lever isn't working

Originally Posted by chiefpontiac
I think you're right on. I got the material off underneath on one side and can see the cable, but can't really get to it. Does anyone have a diagram of the cable system of the seat?
Did you get this figured out? I have owned my suburban just over a month & I cannot get the back seat to flip up. I really want to vacuum under it & just know how to use it invade I need to remove it. It folds down fine & I hear something when I pull the 2 lever but nothing happens & won't budge. Please help!
Old April 13th, 2015, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

on my 2001, while standing behind the truck...there's a lever on the right side on the bench seat, lift the lever and the seat back folds forward. With the backrest folded down, there is another small lever that you lift on and then there is a nylon loop peeking out under the center area; with the seat up pull the nylon loop (that allows the front locks to release, as you're pulling the loop, pull the seat towards you...and it can be removed...these steps are what my 2001 suburban uses
Old April 13th, 2015, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 99monguse
on my 2001, while standing behind the truck...there's a lever on the right side on the bench seat, lift the lever and the seat back folds forward. With the backrest folded down, there is another small lever that you lift on and then there is a nylon loop peeking out under the center area; with the seat up pull the nylon loop (that allows the front locks to release, as you're pulling the loop, pull the seat towards you...and it can be removed...these steps are what my 2001 suburban uses
Thank you, sorry I didn't mention I do have it folded forward. Lever 1 works fine but lever 2 does nothing. I don't see a nylon loop? I've felt around as much as possible under it but can't get my hands very far.
Old April 14th, 2015, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Do you have an owners manual for your Suburban?
Old April 24th, 2015, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

Do you have an owners manual for your Suburban?
Yes I do, I did look in it before asking on here. The steps are pretty obvious, since the levers are numbered. I just don't know how to get it up since it seems whatever unlocks with lever 2 isn't working.
Old April 25th, 2015, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Maybe you mentioned it already, what year is the truck?
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Maybe you mentioned it already, what year is the truck?
It is a 2001. Lever 1 works perfect lever 2 will lift up but seat doesn't budge, not even a wiggle.

Quick Reply: can't remove 3rd row seat