Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

CD stuck in Player

Old September 29th, 2013, 9:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last year on my '04 Tahoe my home made disc (without any label) would not eject. Most of dash trim "unplugs" using a short stiff putty knife. Got another one stuck now. I'll try the fuse method first, if not then I'll remove it all over again and gently lift the disc to help it eject. When its finally out I'll carefully measure the disc hole to compare with a name brand disc. Good luck. *BW*
Old October 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd player won't load

I have a 2007 Equinox 6 CD player and I can't get any CD's to load and it is telling me there isn't any disc's in the player. I think there is a disc in there but hit eject button and nothing happens. Anybody have any suggestions on what else to do. Checked the fuse, it is not blown.
Old October 13th, 2013, 3:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Not trying to be rude, but this is the Tahoe/Suburban forum. There is an Equinox forum. You'd probably have better luck there.
Old October 14th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Cindy Cruz,

Sorry to hear that you're having some troubles with your CD player on your Equinox. We can't really help troubleshoot as we're not technically trained, but if you decide to get this checked out at your dealership of choice, we want you to know we're here if you feel you should need any additional support.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 20th, 2015, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default 6-Disc CD Player is on the fritz

We have a 2008 Tahoe and today I went out to start it and it was dead. When I was in the truck I noticed the CD player seems liked it was "jammed" and trying to "un-Jam" itself. I took the keys out of the ignition and the had the door open and the CD player continued to run. I got the disc to eject and then got the screen to say no more discs. We jumped the truck battery and drove it around for a while. It stopped making that noise and we shut the truck off and went about a business. 3 hours later, we went to leave and it was dead again. Could it be the CD player acting up that is draining the battery or does it sound like we need a new battery and it's causing the CD player to go crazy?
Old April 22nd, 2015, 9:29 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JoyeRunfola
We have a 2008 Tahoe and today I went out to start it and it was dead. When I was in the truck I noticed the CD player seems liked it was "jammed" and trying to "un-Jam" itself. I took the keys out of the ignition and the had the door open and the CD player continued to run. I got the disc to eject and then got the screen to say no more discs. We jumped the truck battery and drove it around for a while. It stopped making that noise and we shut the truck off and went about a business. 3 hours later, we went to leave and it was dead again. Could it be the CD player acting up that is draining the battery or does it sound like we need a new battery and it's causing the CD player to go crazy?
Welcome to the forum, I think it is the latter... the battery is weak or bad and is causing the CD to malfunction....
Old April 23rd, 2016, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default MP3s can play on the Chevy Silverado 2005 Soundsystem

To remove the front bezel all you do is talk to steering wheel down toll on the bezel I left it up also must put your gear shift into park the radio comes out very easily you'll see the four screws and in the back there is an auxiliary plug where you can connect a 1/8 Jack with a female plug coming out drill a hole in one of the small compartments underneath your cigarette lighter and attached the female part of the Jack I want you plug in a jack you can plug it into your iPhone iPad and play MP3s

Originally Posted by Capt Jon
I have a 2005 Suburban with a cd stuck in the player and will not eject. I am pretty mechanical and would like to fix my self.But before I start tearing my truck apart.Does anybody know the proper way toMP3s can play on the Chevy Silverado 2005 Soundsystem take the dash apart.Is the cd tray seperate from stero and is it removableor replacable or do I have to replaceor send the whole stereo in?Or can I wire an external cd player into the stereo? What would be my easyiest and cheapest solution? Thanks
Old March 1st, 2017, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Tahoe CD stuck in Radio

Have 2004 Tahoe. Seems to have a short somewhere in addition to the CD being stuck in the radio.
Read everyone saying pull the fuses. I will try.....today.

My NEW question is......could the CD being stuck cause the radio to think it is constantly ON ?.....cuz way after I turn off the car, open the door,
15 mins later....push the CD eject button, & it still tries to eject the CD, with no luck of course.
Could this be draining my battery over a week or 2 when it sits not running / charging battery ???
Old February 18th, 2020, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cd jammed on Bose 6 disc changer unit. Now cd light flashing

Cd light flashing? I FOUND A FIX!! I like my older gm trucks so I just got an 03 2500hd with the Bose stereo system. CD player worked fine till me being a new user and no owner’s manual pushed to many buttons at once getting a cd jammed in the unit. Pulled the unit out and pulled the top cover to get the cd out. It was a junk cd so I broke it getting it out. If you care about the cd then it will need to be taken apart more to gain access. After reinstalling the head unit it said initializing then only the radio would work so I pulled the radio fuse like I read on many forums and now the cd light flashes and won’t load cds. All the forums say the same thing, needs a head unit. Well I just bought this truck and can’t afford to to aftermarket at the moment so I did more research and what I found by looking at the wiring diagram that the radio is wired to the vehicle communications interference module (VCIM). So by pulling the fuse your only cutting power to the head unit therefore the VCIM is still powered. Anyone catching on yet? I’m a tech for a used car dealer in Maine and we come across all kinds of module issues. Hint: the modules store your vehicle’s diagnostics trouble codes. If there’s an error in the module then sometimes a scan tool won’t read it. So here’s the fix. The modules need to be reset by draining there power. 2 ways to do this. Unhook the battery for over a day reason being some modules can take over 24 hours to completely drain. Ok who has time for that? To force them to shut down, unhook both battery cables and touch them together for 30-60 seconds. Hook the battery back up and CD player should work. Worked for me so hopefully I helped someone else. Thanks for the read
The following users liked this post:
Thomaz71 (February 16th, 2023)
Old December 4th, 2020, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

You describe my problem exactly. 2003 Tahoe, CD player was trying to eject CD, could not, eventually went to "initizing" on the display. Pulled the 30 amp fuse, no fix, disconnected battery leads and held them together for a while, longer than a minute for sure. Went back to initializing, then when you press eject button it says no discs. There are 3 in there for sure. Bad radio / CD player now? Radio works fine.