Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Check out the damage a sears home delivery truck can do to your burban

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2007, 6:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out the damage a sears home delivery truck can do to your burban

Check out what a Sears delivery truck did to my Suburban the other day. While I was at home sick with a sinus infection

Here is the story............................................. .................................................. ..........................................
So I'm at homeThursday working from home cause I was sick with a monster headache and a cough that won't quit when I get a call from my landlord. They tell me that there was an accident in the parking lot and that a Sears delivery truck just back into my new 2007 Suburban. Not only did they back into my truck, but they ran off after they noticed the damaged done. So I'm running outside with a headache doped up on Nyquil to find what you see above. I have to truck in the body shop right now and I'll be contacting the delivery's truck insurance tomorrow to get them to pay for this damage.
Old September 9th, 2007, 7:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Check out the damage a sears home delivery truck can do to your burban

I hope you will alsobe calling Searsto discuss the actions of their people. I would be on the phone first thing Monday morning to find some executive-type to discover who was driving the delivery truck and what Sears is willing to do to make up for your inconvenience. Having an accident is one thing, but fleeing the scene is something quite different - especially when you are driving a branded delivery truck.
Old September 10th, 2007, 4:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Check out the damage a sears home delivery truck can do to your burban

The sears employee has got no brains at all to run like that in a company truck,i hope you have everything resolved and justice served.I got to say its a shame to have such a thing of beauty hurt so early in its life ah im just as mad as you probably are.well good luck with everything from here on out.flawdafred56ace
Old September 23rd, 2007, 4:26 AM
CF Beginner

Whoever the driver was, make sure he gets what he deserves from the law, too. Dealing with Sears is one thing, but he also committed a "crime". Hit and run qualifies for at least a misdemeanor in all states resulting in a fine and some jail time; not to mention the probability of having his license temporarily revoked by the local DMV.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your 'burb. It's a sad sight to see on such a beautiful machine.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 8:42 PM
CF Senior Member

Not necessarily, if the vehicle was parked in a private parking lot. Auto accidents of all kinds, including hit and run accidents, may be treated differently on private property.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
CF Veteran

I am going to guess about $3000-$3500 in damage. Let us know. Also when dealing with sears, I would let them know that not only did you suffer $ damages on your truck for repairs. But your burban is now worth less money if you trade it in later down the road. And believe me, they will be able to tell body work was done even if the average schmo may not. Just something to think about.