Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Clarification on A/C Reset and calibration procedures.

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clarification on A/C Reset and calibration procedures.

Perhaps there could be a sticky.. So much hubbub all twisted and contorted. Is there any FORMAL GMAC infor out there. I find it amazing how they hold these things as secrets!?!? I infuriates me too.

Does anyone know if there is any pulication out there that discussed computer/electrical related RESET and CONTROL procedures in depth (Chilton, GMAC, Other, etc..)?????

On another note, I saw one reset proceedure that we unclear, but what was unspoke was the position of the door switch and whether it was open or closed the entire time. The only thing I can corrolate with my 2003 tahoe LT a/c only now blowing warm or hot in the front area is the fact that the door switch was failing about a month prior noted by the radio staying on when door was closed and walking away from the car. So I suspect this issue with door switches is effecting electrical calibrations in these cars more then we realize. And consider that these switches may even be intermittently readiing imporperly as OPEN at various times when unoccupied and parked thus causing who knows what kind of havok...

Perhaps there should even be a "door switch" sticky...!