Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Clicking / Ticking from front suspension area

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2007, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking / Ticking from front suspension area

Here is another new problem I was hoping someone could help me with before I head off to the dealer. I am hearing a clicking / ticking sound from the front suspension areaon my 2007 LTZ with 2k miles. I can hear it when I hit small bumps with the windows down and it also clicks after parking the truck and whilegetting out. I initially thought the noise was coming from the transmission but I can physically shake/push the front tires/wheels (both sides) with my hands and hear the clicking sound. Is this a normal condition or has this problem been addressed/discussed before. It makes the sound if the truck is in 2wd, auto, or 4wd so that is most likely not the problem. Thanks
Old August 28th, 2007, 4:17 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Clicking / Ticking from front suspension area

Maybe a valve inside one of the shocks? Maybe something plastic or a wiring bundle catching on a body or a frame part?

Does it only happen with movement of the vehicle, or does it continue to tick after all movement has stopped?
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

It only occurs when the shocks are being compressed some way. So when I hit small bumps, speed bumps, gettin in or out of the truck, etc I can hear it. I am going to run by the dealer today to see if they can take a quick look at it before making an appointment.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:36 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be the front brake pads rattling around on the calipers.
Try lightly depressing the brake pedal when you notice the noise and see if it doesn't disappear.

If this is the case I recommend replacing the brake pads and properly installing any anti-rattle clips that come with the new pads set.

Old August 28th, 2007, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Could be the front brake pads rattling around on the calipers.
Try lightly depressing the brake pedal when you notice the noise and see if it doesn't disappear.

If this is the case I recommend replacing the brake pads and properly installing any anti-rattle clips that come with the new pads set.

Thanks ZX. I will give thata try. It is definitely coming from that area so maybe it will be a simple fix. Otherwise I have an appointment next week for this noise, the navigation radio clock issue, and my change cover is warped or something since it doesn't sit flush with the console.
Old September 16th, 2007, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem on a 2004, can youlet me in knowwhat you found out about the problem, I tried lubing the front bushings on everything with no results. Thanks