Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Code C0561- ABS Disabled

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2014, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code C0561- ABS Disabled

I was stopped at a light last night and I got a message that the Stabiltrak was off and then a secondary message - Service Traction Control.

I hooked it up to a code analyzer and it showed the C0561 - ABS disabled. There was nothing else.

Does anyone have experience with this code ?

Thanks Tim
Old January 20th, 2019, 2:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default I have the exact same problem

Originally Posted by Plimbob
I was stopped at a light last night and I got a message that the Stabiltrak was off and then a secondary message - Service Traction Control.

I hooked it up to a code analyzer and it showed the C0561 - ABS disabled. There was nothing else.

Does anyone have experience with this code ?

Thanks Tim
Did you ever find the cause of this or find a fix for it? I have the exact same problem. I’ve gotten C0561 randomly & intermittently a couple times over the last couple months. No other codes.

In Researching this problem, typically everyone has another code set with it, but I can’t find any thing that resolves just the C0561 by itself.

Have a 2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L flex 0 vin.
Old January 21st, 2019, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Kdude34567

Did you ever find the cause of this or find a fix for it? I have the exact same problem. I’ve gotten C0561 randomly & intermittently a couple times over the last couple months. No other codes.

In Researching this problem, typically everyone has another code set with it, but I can’t find any thing that resolves just the C0561 by itself.

Have a 2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L flex 0 vin.
Hi, this has been quite awhile ago. I know this sounds odd but If I recall it related to a rough idle which caused the C0561 code. Mine has AFM which I have shut off and haven't had that code since. One thing I did notice that the plugs in #1 & #7 didn't look good as compared to the other plugs especially #7. So I replaced the plugs when I started using the range unit which shuts down the AFM. If you get time look up the effects of the AFM.
Tim
Old January 25th, 2019, 2:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default I also have AFM

Originally Posted by Plimbob
Hi, this has been quite awhile ago. I know this sounds odd but If I recall it related to a rough idle which caused the C0561 code. Mine has AFM which I have shut off and haven't had that code since. One thing I did notice that the plugs in #1 & #7 didn't look good as compared to the other plugs especially #7. So I replaced the plugs when I started using the range unit which shuts down the AFM. If you get time look up the effects of the AFM.
Tim
My 2007 Silverado has the LMG 5.3L engine, which has AFM. It consumes a lot of oil, which I assume is because of AFM. I haven’t had any problems with the AGM or the lifters or cam so far, at least that I know of. AFM does improve gas mileage significantly when I’m taking long trips on the freeway basically bumps me up to an average of 17-19 miles per gallon. Where as normal city driving average is around 12-13 miles per gallon.

But it’s making me wonder if I disabled the AFM, how bad of an effect on mileage would it be, and will it help my cam & lifters overtime? And if I leave AFM in place will my lifters and cam be at risk for premature failure? And I also wonder if it will solve my C0561 problem I get once in while...?

Which AFM disabler are you using? And how has it worked out for you? What else did you have to do to your motor? Has it improved things?
Old January 27th, 2019, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Good Morning, I am using the plug in Range Unit. Mine used significant oil until I disabled it and now uses very little. I use Valvoline High Mileage 5-30 and Purlator 1 or high end Wix filters.

As far as MPG, its about 15-17 on the road which is down from 17-19. I have read so many things from folks on lifter and cam failure due to AFM, I just decided the difference in MPG was worth it to keep from rebuilding the top-end. I have owned this for 10 years, bought it with 27,000 and now has 268,000.

You can turn it off with a re-tune of the ECM as well. You might want to look into that.

Does the C0561 code come on after you have driven for awhile like on the highway and then pull off and go to idle?

Have a good day,
Tim
Old January 27th, 2019, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

I haven’t seen a pattern yet with C0561, as it’s only happened two times in the life of the truck. Though it did happen later in the drive cycle after I was driving around for a while. So it seems fairly random at the time, And I don’t have an association to any specific driving condition that may have tripped it so in the future I’ll keep an eye on it.

I recently bought a GM Tech2 tool w/Candi Interface so I could do some deeper diagnostics and check codes on the tons of modules my truck has

I did this because the standard code reader I had only read the engine and trans and ABS and didnt report every single code, so a lot of diagnostic information was missing.

I’ve only tried the Tech2 once or twice so far, And it appears to be a great deal better than standard scan tools, Plus has a more detailed description of the DTC in GM speak, as well as had the ability to do bi-directional testing as well as check every module in the truck, I’ve already found a couple more codes showing up that the standard scanner missed.

One of which was a code from the MAF sensor, saying it had a circuit low on one of the connections. But I know it’s not the MAF itself & its good, Because several months ago I did a full cleaning of the TBI air intake and related sensors parts and pieces. And the MAF reports correct values and still does. So I have to assume it’s just a connectivity issue between ECM and the MAF ,

Last edited by Kdude34567; January 27th, 2019 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Typos & context errors