Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2009 | 8:16 PM
CF Active Member

Default complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row

I swapped the leather interior of a yukon that had bucket seats in the second row to a tahoe that had a cloth bench seat. everything bolts right up. you do not need to swap the carpet or anything like that. So long as you have all the panels, if you do it your self, it will take less than 2 hours. here are some pics.
Old February 8th, 2009 | 8:21 PM
CF Active Member

flip the seats up and lift up on the floor panels. they are held on with heavy duty velcro.

on the bench, the whole frame is bolted to floor with eight bolts.

On the buckets, each seat is held on by four bolts.

All the bolts will line up when you swap the seats.
Attached Thumbnails complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row-0208091649a.jpg   complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row-0208091635a.jpg  
Old February 8th, 2009 | 8:35 PM
CF Active Member

you dont need to remove any other bolts on the second row just the eight large bolts holding the seat frame to the floor board.

when you get the front seats, first push the front seats all the way back. remove the cap on the front and pull up on the cap thats closest to the console.

there are four bolts holding the seat and one bolt holding the seatbelt in the seat. Remove the front bolts on both seats. remove the 4 by 4 cover that hides the one bolt for the seatbelt and remove the bolt. for both seats. move both seats all the way to the front. disconnect the battery. ( to prevent any problems with the air bags.) Remove the caps covering the bolts then remove the back bolts. disconnect the wiring to the seats. swap the seats then do it in reverse. After your done, you couldn't tell that you did the swap. hope this helps anyone who is thinking about doing this.
Attached Thumbnails complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row-0208091707a.jpg   complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row-0208091721a.jpg   complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row-0208091725a.jpg  
Old February 28th, 2009 | 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

is there someplace to buy new benches for the tahoe? i have done internet search upon search and can't seem to find anything other than seat covers. I'm looking at an 06 and want to swap the leather for cloth if. Just doing my research before I buy.
Old March 25th, 2009 | 10:16 AM
CF Active Member

i think switching from bucket to bench isnt bad, but form bench to bucket is different. you might need to change the carpet and get new cover panels right? also i have a used but great condition grey cloth bench second row seat if anyone is interested, i swapped out for black leather.
Old March 25th, 2009 | 11:41 AM
Administrator

Might list your cloth bench in the classified section also.
Old May 6th, 2009 | 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default What years will this work on??

New to the forum, and could not see what model year this swap was done on. I love those bucket seats but i have an old 96' and wondering if there could be such a mod. for my year.
Old May 7th, 2009 | 1:46 AM
CF Beginner

new to the forum also! so where can I find leather seats? I want to swap out all the cloth seats to leather.
Old May 7th, 2009 | 9:15 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Another option and probably cheaper is to go w/ recovering w/ something like Katzkins. Unless you're looking for seats w/ more options like heat, etc.
Old May 7th, 2009 | 11:45 PM
CF Beginner

i really want the two front seats with heat and the other two rows I don't mind it be custom. But it seems like Katskinz products doesn't look too OEM

Quick Reply: complete Cloth to leather swap bench to bucket seats in second row