Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

concealed carry hiding spot?

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2012, 5:25 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default concealed carry hiding spot?

So in Texas you can carry concealed with a license, however you cannot carry into a place that derives more than 50% of its business from alcohol i.e. bars and clubs and schools ?!?.
Now the little woman and I don't frequent bars or clubs that often nor to we pack heat all the time... but we do travel and stop at some of those places..

Sometimes you have protection with you, but don't need to carry it or can't carry it with you when traveling...
I found this as a simple, but accessible place rather then the console or glove box or rear storage compartment...
It takes about 8 seconds or less to access, though hopefully that won't ever be the issue.. but its a reasonable place to store temporarily, someone breaking into the vehicle is not likely to find it if they are just breaking in for smash and grab... if they steal the vehicle, then your screwed

Yes, the cops will search this area, but if you broke the law enough for them to search your vehicle to this extent, you probably had it coming..

S&W 9mm in holster

any other good spots?
Attached Thumbnails concealed carry hiding spot?-concealed-carry.jpg  
Old November 8th, 2012, 7:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
So in Texas you can carry concealed with a license, however you cannot carry into a place that derives more than 50% of its business from alcohol i.e. bars and clubs and schools ?!?.
Now the little woman and I don't frequent bars or clubs that often nor to we pack heat all the time... but we do travel and stop at some of those places..

Sometimes you have protection with you, but don't need to carry it or can't carry it with you when traveling...
I found this as a simple, but accessible place rather then the console or glove box or rear storage compartment...
It takes about 8 seconds or less to access, though hopefully that won't ever be the issue.. but its a reasonable place to store temporarily, someone breaking into the vehicle is not likely to find it if they are just breaking in for smash and grab... if they steal the vehicle, then your screwed

Yes, the cops will search this area, but if you broke the law enough for them to search your vehicle to this extent, you probably had it coming..

S&W 9mm in holster

any other good spots?
Since you are carrying an acp, I'd add bettween the seat and upright. We now have open carry here in Ok, so.
Old November 8th, 2012, 8:24 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

How does the cupholder assy come out?
Old November 8th, 2012, 8:38 PM
Administrator

I found the easiest way is to:
Pull out the cup holder..
Then use both hands to lightly pull the tray toward the drivers seat while lifting with the grip of your fingers..

the cup holder is a straight pull up...
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my Burb, there are probably four or five places right on the dash and console where a cover could hide the access, but...

In the past, I've usually done a "barrel up" Thumb Release Holster hanging under the dash on the passenger side. Reason I put it there is, that there's a good possibility that I'd want/need to to lean over and "duck" out of sight as I was grabbing it.
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Administrator

My 97 Tahoe had lots of room under the dash the 07 not so much....

I just thought of a another place that I need to check is the floor insert that covers the second row seat rails...I know that comes out but not sure of the space available...

My intent is to find a place to store/hide the 9 in the vehicle when I want to have it with us but not on us...and I want it hidden so that if some knuckle head breaks in to steal the kids Ipod (that I told then a dozen times not to leave out in the open) that all they get is the Ipod and never run across the 9 in a normal ransacking...
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Administrator

This spot has promise, holstered it would probably make the panel lift a bit but out of the holster it looks like it would fit fine...
The panel is held down with Velcro, could even keep documents or other vehicle related papers here, out of the way but where you know they are without taking up console or glove box space...
Attached Thumbnails concealed carry hiding spot?-1-img_1184.jpg   concealed carry hiding spot?-2-img_1185.jpg  
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by in2pro
space available
HA HA YEA !, ya got to be reasonable about it !

Kinda hard to stash a 44mag/9", when a .25/.32 would at least get them ducking.

But, I admit I'm more inclined to have one in the Burb full time, and you'd have a lot more flexibility if you had the time to step/move around and place it somewhere.

Last edited by SWHouston; November 9th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old November 9th, 2012, 9:19 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

What about the jack storage compartment?
Old November 9th, 2012, 9:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
What about the jack storage compartment?
Really, whats the purpose? "Oh wait let me get my pistol from......" Keep it handy.

Quick Reply: concealed carry hiding spot?