Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Converted my suburban tail lights to Escalade tail lights

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converted my suburban tail lights to Escalade tail lights

Hi Everyone- I need some help. I bought a 2016 suburban and the previous owner had installed escalade tail lights. These lights fitted great, and worked perfect. Someone hit the back of our car and one of the tail lights broke (very minor accident). Insurance fixed the car and replaced the tail lights. Now the lights do not fit. There is barley enough room and the tail gate hits the lights now just ever so slightly when we open and close the tail gate. Any info or help would be appreciated since there were no problems prior to the accident.
Old November 8th, 2018, 11:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Sounds like the body shop & insurance company need to make it right for you. Were there modifications made to make the Escalade lights fit?
Old November 8th, 2018, 2:36 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Is it the metal portion of the tailgate hitting the tail light or is it the plastic panel on the inside that's hitting it?
Old November 9th, 2018, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
Sounds like the body shop & insurance company need to make it right for you. Were there modifications made to make the Escalade lights fit?
Hi- I am not sure as the previous owner had installed them. He did say they were OEM tail lights. I do know the OEM are about 3 times more expensive the the after market ones.
Old November 9th, 2018, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Hi- I am not sure as the previous owner had installed them. He did say they were OEM tail lights. I do know the OEM are about 3 times more expensive the the after market ones.
Old November 9th, 2018, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

Hi- Yes its the metal portion of the tail gate hitting the interior sides of the tail lights