Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe lights/stereo turning on after key removed

Old October 21st, 2018, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe lights/stereo turning on after key removed

i have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with 216k miles. It has been programmed to delete the AFM with a kit installed a few years ago. This week, it has been doing something strange. When I shut down the engine, and removed the keys and get out the vehicle it will cut on the stereo, and you can hear the “Run/Crank” relay under the hood clicking and the starter engage. Or I hear a clicking noise on the passenger side underneath the vehicle that I assume is the starter. At night once I exit the vehicle with my keys it auto turns on the lights and radio. Last night it killed the battery. It didn’t take much to jump it this morning but it is continuing to do the same thing. If double press the lock button on my fob the stereo will still cut on and the alarm with eventually sound.

Side note, I noticed a few weeks ago if I open any other door than that drivers side door the stereo will cut on.

There has been no changes made in programming in the past weeks.
Old October 21st, 2018, 8:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any luck?I went back to old threads,cleaning of grounds,solved some
Old October 21st, 2018, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Have not had any luck. My negative battery cable looks clean. I unplugged my ignition switch and the craziness continued. It progresssively has gotten worse. It started off as once or twice a week. Now it happens whenever the battery is connected.
Old October 21st, 2018, 9:32 PM
CF Senior Member

On one thread it mentioned firewall to engine ground,sometimes jumper cables help,black to battery negative,other end to frame or under dash to a metal part,bcms do die,but try to inspect all wiring first
Old October 22nd, 2018, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

To eye everything looked ok. I took it to a
mechanic this morning to see if it can be resolved today. Will keep updated
Old October 24th, 2018, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Mechanic has tried another fuse box. Didn’t work. Says the computers seem fine. He says they are looking at grounds now. Still doing the same
things
Old October 24th, 2018, 2:33 PM
CF Senior Member

Fingers crossed,thanks for the update
Old October 24th, 2018, 2:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Just remembered a past problem,a power door lock was stuck,keeping the bcm awake,that was a power drain problem
Old October 24th, 2018, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Talked to
mechanic today. Said he inspected grounds. Ignition. Harness for the door. And grounds. Said he is kinda baffled. Mentioned the BCM but wasn’t 100% sure it was the culprit. I told him if we could try and used one that I would be willing to see if that worked.
Old October 26th, 2018, 7:20 AM
CF Beginner

UPDATE: Got my Tahoe back today. My mechanic said he checked all grounds, fuse box under hood, a door wire harness, battery and cables, and could only visually inspect the BCM. He said he could not figure it out. Suggested maybe BCM but he could not program it and said a dealer would have to for my year model and make. He was going to try a used one but I guess this model needs a GM tech to program.

I see see plenty of used BCM’s on eBay. Is there anyway to reprogram or relearn this BCM from my driveway with a decent amount of mechanical knowledge? I could get a used one for a fraction of what GM wants one for.

Search this Thread