Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Cracked dash

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2021, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked dash

I see this issue in the 07 like mine has a massive thread. Looks obvious GM isn’t doing anything about it so what have you guys done to fix it yourself? Mine has probably 5 cracks. A couple go all the way across. Fiberglass back side?
Old August 17th, 2021, 9:17 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Don S
I see this issue in the 07 like mine has a massive thread. Looks obvious GM isn’t doing anything about it so what have you guys done to fix it yourself? Mine has probably 5 cracks. A couple go all the way across. Fiberglass back side?
We purchased a 2011 Yukon a few months ago, pristine, from the midwest. 3 weeks later the dashboard cracked. I found replacement dashboards, overlays, etc., read this was a real common occurrence, and there was a class action lawsuit, and GM won.

So I silicone-glued the cracks, and bought a dashboard carpet cover through Amazon, looks fine and Mrs. Cusser is happy.

You can even see her pictures on the wall, circled in red....
Old August 17th, 2021, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusser
We purchased a 2011 Yukon a few months ago, pristine, from the midwest. 3 weeks later the dashboard cracked. I found replacement dashboards, overlays, etc., read this was a real common occurrence, and there was a class action lawsuit, and GM won.

So I silicone-glued the cracks, and bought a dashboard carpet cover through Amazon, looks fine and Mrs. Cusser is happy.

You can even see her pictures on the wall, circled in red....
Looks great thx for the help. With so many cracks in mine it rattles bad. I would think carpet alone would help with that.