Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dash illumination-h/ac/radio info

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2018, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash illumination-h/ac/radio info

2011 Suburban LT. The illumination of my dash info system, radio and h/vac control never goes to the bright function. This makes the lamps difficult to see in any daylight situation. These lamps stay in the dim mode any time the key is on. The automatic headlamps do work as they should in bright light or dark. Turning the headlamp switch does not affect the brightness regardless of the switch position. The fog lamps are off. What am I missing.

Last edited by ridube; February 19th, 2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: incomplete post- I am sorry
Old February 21st, 2018, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fix seems to be a connection problem in either the headlamp or fog switch because after excersizing both switches multiple times the lamps are functioning properly. I will inspect and repair or replace both switches as soon as the weather clears up. Thanks to all who read my post.
Old February 21st, 2018, 5:44 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for reporting back what appears to be the solution. Let us know how it all shakes out after you had time to check it out.