Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dash panel hard to see

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dash panel hard to see

Has anybody noticed how hard it is to see the dash panel gauges on the 07's in broad daylight? Very hard to see especially here in Phoenix where everybody wears sunglasses too. GM is aware of the problem as there is a bulletin out about it #4222. Anybody know what GM is doing to fix this?
Thanks
Old March 11th, 2007, 6:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dash panel hard to see

I would love it if they simply lit the guages all the time.
Old March 12th, 2007, 2:20 AM
CF Active Member

I brought this subject up on a earlier post last summer. Not much reaction at the time but this problem has always been an issue with me. We called GM and their responce was "We areaware of the problem and we are working on a solution until then we could just turn on the parking lights during day driving". That was around August and we still haven't heard of a fix as yet.
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:46 AM
CF Active Member

That's the asnwer I came up with. It seems when it's ultra bright outside it's harder to see.
Old March 12th, 2007, 2:29 PM
CF Active Member

Well, I called GM "Customer Service" this am, explained my issue and was asked had I taken the Yukon into my dealer to have them try to resolve the issue and I explained no I had not because others have had this issue and I wanted to find out what GM was going to do about it. I was told we can't give you any info and you need to take the vehicle in to the dealer. I asked about bulletin 4222 and was told it was not for my vehicle, yet the tsb sites say it is and they would not give me any info what 4222 was all about. So I just took the Yukon in to the dealer who states they have never heard about any dash hard to see, nor have they ever heard about the second row seats hard to put back up (there is another bulletin out about this). While typing this I just got a call from the dealer and they say they can't do anything for either problem. The bulletin 4222 simply says to have the customer turn the park or headlights on so the backlighting is on in the panel and is the vehicle design and no fix is necessary! The hard to put up second row seats is normal too!
Figures
Old March 12th, 2007, 5:13 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you guys having trouble seeing the Speedometer and Tach?
With and without sunglasses?
Old March 12th, 2007, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

That's one of the reasons I run my fog lights all the time. It makes the gauges a lot easier to see during the day here in Vegas.
Old March 12th, 2007, 5:43 PM
CF Active Member

At times the speedo and the tach are barely visable and the smaller gauges you can't see at all. Worse with sunglasses and not very visable without. If the park lights or headlights are turned on manually then all is visable.
Old March 12th, 2007, 6:52 PM
CF Active Member

Yes. Mine is hard to see with or without sunglasses on a bright day. If you are just glancing down to check on a bright day, the black background with the dark numbers makes it hard to see.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:35 AM
CF Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I was beginning to think it was a vision thing with me. My wife is the prime driver of this vehicle and she has the same problem. It's very difficult seeingany of the guages on a bright sunny day and with sun glasses on it's almost impossible. I think it could be fixed with a different background color on the guages but I'm not an engineer.

Quick Reply: Dash panel hard to see