Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DeathStar Disabled

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2011, 2:39 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DeathStar Disabled

Looks like we won.

OnStar Scraps Plans To Track Your Car After You Quit Service - The Consumerist

or, at least they say we did.

more than likely they will keep spying on you and just not bother to tell you...
Old September 27th, 2011, 3:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Looks like we won.

OnStar Scraps Plans To Track Your Car After You Quit Service - The Consumerist

or, at least they say we did.

more than likely they will keep spying on you and just not bother to tell you...
Well keep the business as it was INTENDED to be instead of greed. I still wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw them.
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

agree with both of you
Old September 29th, 2011, 7:37 AM
CF Addict

Default Life Boat Fee

I still think it's BS that if my airbags go off, my car, which has a cellphone and all the hardware needed, THAT I PAID FOR can't make a call to 911 and play a recorded 'my air bags have gone off, I am at location 39.677 by 42.3776 (GPS location)'

hey; the ship is sinking.... did you pay your $20/monthly lifeboat fee?! ohh? no? then guess what my friend... have fun swimming.

If DeathStar was something I purchased AFTER my vehicle, or own my own, fine. but I didn't have a choice. it just came with all the hardware needed to help save my life, but no way am I going to pay more for such basic functionality, when I ALREADY DID.
Old September 29th, 2011, 8:14 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I still think it's BS that if my airbags go off, my car, which has a cellphone and all the hardware needed, THAT I PAID FOR can't make a call to 911 and play a recorded 'my air bags have gone off, I am at location 39.677 by 42.3776 (GPS location)'

hey; the ship is sinking.... did you pay your $20/monthly lifeboat fee?! ohh? no? then guess what my friend... have fun swimming.

If DeathStar was something I purchased AFTER my vehicle, or own my own, fine. but I didn't have a choice. it just came with all the hardware needed to help save my life, but no way am I going to pay more for such basic functionality, when I ALREADY DID.
I have to agree 100%, GM might as well hook the air bags and seat belts into the system, if you don't pay the monthly fee they stop working....(what kind of sense does that make?!?!)
Old September 29th, 2011, 9:22 AM
CF Addict

Default DeathStar

if I'm ever in an accident and my tahoe has the ability to call for help, and does not, because I do not subscribe. I will sue. I may not win, but I will drag GM through as much dirt and let as many people and the media know how unjust and wrong there system is.

911 is a "free" call because we ALL pay for it, every month on every phone bill.
The car KNOWS when the air bags go off.
YOU KNOW when the air bags go off.

DeathStar is CHOOSING to ignore your plea for help. They are choosing to let you die in a pool of blood when a PHONE CALL could save your life.

I hope for their sake, these events never occur to me or anyone I know.
Old September 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

I suggested to them that they offer an a la carte service but they said no way.

Anyone ever hear the outcome of their "Win any GM car" sweepstakes?

Never mind, I found it:

Congratulations to Jose Garcia, Christopher Bowman, Evyonne Hill, Nancy Risbeck, Patricia Smith, John Paul, Kim Clingerman, Andrew Moffatt, Richard Ruffert and Boyd Nugent. They were the 10 lucky winners of the Push On Sweepstakes and received the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac(1) of their choice just for pushing their OnStar button.

Last edited by 73shark; September 29th, 2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

My subscription expired in March I called and told them not to renew... here it is October( almost) and I have not been billed for any service nor do I get the monthly email updates for vehicle status ( this was kinda cool) but all the lights on the mirror are still on, I thought once disconnected the light on the rear-view went out?
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm in Santa Fe right now but will try to check when I get back. I know the link is still active if you press the blue button after your subscrition expires.
Old September 29th, 2011, 1:29 PM
CF Addict

Default buttons

my green one went out like 2 months after it expired.

Quick Reply: DeathStar Disabled