Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Disc Brake Replacement

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2019, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disc Brake Replacement

Looking to replace the brakes on my 06 Suburban. Considering using the following Wagner Premier Ceramic Front and rear kits: OEX785 and OEX974A
Any thoughts? Thanks
Old January 18th, 2019, 4:34 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd only go with ceramics. I don't know if anything else is even available. Wagner, well known name.
Old January 19th, 2019, 7:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1! I installed ceramics last time around (can't remember if they were Wagners - think they were). Good stopping power and a lot less brake dust.
Old January 19th, 2019, 8:00 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

I use Wagner Thermo Quiet on all 6 of my vehicles, whether drums or discs, including 2005 Yukon XL Denali. So that choice should be fine.

And I very-rarely get rotors or drums turned unless they are grooved due to wear or Mrs. Cusser ignoring warning noises.
Old January 19th, 2019, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, I also have a 2006 Sub. and went with the front brake upgrade. I installed the larger brakes from an 07 which are bolt on, no adjustments required. MUCH better braking! Others did this and I found the thread on this site. Good Luck.
Old January 19th, 2019, 1:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for response. Think I'll go with Wagner Ceramic OEX for SUV's. Anyone hear talk that Rock Auto sells seconds that don't meet manufacturers QC tests? Thinking about ordering the pads from them. Thanks
Old January 19th, 2019, 3:42 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by penzfan
Thanks for response. Think I'll go with Wagner Ceramic OEX for SUV's. Anyone hear talk that Rock Auto sells seconds that don't meet manufacturers QC tests? Thinking about ordering the pads from them. Thanks
B.S. Just the rumor mill, like so-and-so oil causing engine sludge and failure.

If a product did not meet a manufacturer's tests, and had that manufacturer's name still on it, huge lawsuit potential.

Old January 24th, 2019, 3:48 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusser
B.S. Just the rumor mill, like so-and-so oil causing engine sludge and failure.

If a product did not meet a manufacturer's tests, and had that manufacturer's name still on it, huge lawsuit potential.
I would agree for the most part, the caveat would be Amazon, they have been known from time to time to have 3rd party sellers that sell knock-offs, but they do get removed pretty quickly.
Old January 25th, 2019, 8:27 AM
CF Pro Member

There would NOT be enough "seconds" to supply anybody, and likely way too much potential liability. Any manufacturing process that has too many problems gets fixed, as ignoring that would be very costly, much waste.