Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DL3 Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2006, 6:43 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DL3 Power Folding Mirrors

Once the parts are all in place have the dealer contact GM Tech Assist and see if they will provide the necessary VCI code to unlock the power folding mirror feature within the BCM and also the DDS and PDS.
They are instructed not to provide assistance or support to any dealer installing OEM optional equipment that did not come in kit form but sometimes they make exceptions.
Old November 15th, 2006, 6:55 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info !!! I will check with my Parts & Service

EPJ
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:04 AM
CF Active Member

I think I may do this too, EPJ check out gmpartsdirect.com, let me know what you hear from the dealer
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:22 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those 3 parts at gmpartsdirect are about 385!
Old November 16th, 2006, 5:30 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

I am in the process of buying a mirror now and I will order the other one and a switch I hope GM tech assist will give the codes to the Tech so he can unlock theese additional functions.
Old November 16th, 2006, 9:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am considering swapping the DL8 mirrors out on my 07' 1LT for the DL3's. Can anyone verify if the wiring harness to the mirrors need to be changed or is it simply a matter of replacing the switch panel & reprogramming?
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM
CF Active Member

Can anyone please help by spelling out some of the acronyms here, VCI code, BCM, DDS, and PDS? I recently plunked down the $497 to gmpartsdirect for the DL3 mirrors and switch (15882682 Mirror, 15882683 Mirror, 15093440 Switch) in order to upgrade my 1LT. I hooked them up to try it out and my experience was similar to saigodog's (i.e., with the exception of the drivers door window, nothing worked. So I assume that some degree of programming is necessary and that is what I am trying to get a handle on before I approach the dealer.

I gather that comments about options being "locked" refer to something in the BCM (is this Body Control Module?) is this tied to a "global" 1LT, 2LT, 3LT designation which enables the DL3 vs. the DL8 mirrors along with everything else in the package, or are the option codes spelled out indivudually? It sounds like unless the BCM is configured for DL3's, you can't program the door switch modules via Tech2; but if you swap pre programmed modules from a DL3 "enabled" BCM (i.e.,3LT/LTZ ) they will work even though the DL3 option is not enabled in the BCM? So worst case, you need to locate a 3LT/LTZ "mule" to program your new switch(s)?

From reading this thread I expect the dealer to be less than enthusiastic about helping with this, so if I could give them step by step instructions it may be easier to obtain their cooperation.

For a non 3LT/LTZ:

1. How do you unlock the DL3 option code?
2. Can the DL3 option code be unlocked on a 1LT, or would the BCM need to be recoded as a 3LT/LTZ? If so how is this done?

For a 3LT/LTZ, or "DL3 option enabled" LS/1LT/2LT (i.e., successful implementation of the above), or 3LT/LTZ acting as a mule:

1. How do you program the door switch module (s) (do both drivers door and passenger door need to be programmed, or just drivers?) Tech2 menu instructions?
2. My 1LT passenger switch module is part # 15879808, will this work with the DL3's or do I need a different passenger door module? If so, what part #?
3. Do the door switch modules with the DL3's installed have 4 or five plugs installed. In my 1LT there are only 4 and I'm wondering if there is a missing harness that would go from the driver's door switch module (J6 location) to the passenger switch module (J6) - see attached picture.

Any help here would be appreciated as I am really shooting in the dark as Helm does not yet have any 2007 Tahoe service manuals from GM as of this writing

Thanks in advance...........
Old November 27th, 2006, 1:38 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

Looks like the attachment is way too big to view or I am not viewing it right, I questioned the guy on e-bay that I purchased my drivers door mirror from about the Tech2 programming and possible problems and he said in a somewhat loud all Cap's reply that he works at a GM dealer and any tech should be able to do this with PPS (I think that is the term) programming. I will be purchasing the pass side mirror and switch soon. There is also some options on the DIC for power folding and mirrors tilting down when shifted to reverse that need to be Turned on or unlocked. How was the install was the door panels hard to remove?
Old November 27th, 2006, 2:14 PM
CF Active Member

I've not yet pulled off the door panel, merely disconnected the battery, popped off the switch bezels on the arm rests and unplugged the DL8's, plugged in the new Drivers side switch module and plugged in the DL3's which were sitting on the seats. I did this in anticipation of them not working so I would not have to go back & forth. It looks like pretty much everything clips together except for a bolt behind the door handle (triangular mirror trim is clipped on as well had that on & off easily)

The attachment is a picture of my passenger side switch module with the jack #'s highlighted so hopefully someone can respond to the harness question (is there one?) between J6 on the drivers/passengers modules.
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:55 AM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

I brought the Tahoe in yesterday evening to a small local Dealer for the RKE falling asleep fix. The programming and possible key fob replacment would have taken too long so I will have to bring it back Fri morning, I spoke with the Tech about the DL3 upgrade and programming the switches. He did not sound to interested at first but I think I convinced him to try it after I install the Mirrors and the switch. I am looking for the pass side mirror if I cant find one I will order the mirror and switch and try to get this done asap

Quick Reply: DL3 Power Folding Mirrors