Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver door speaker

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2015, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door speaker

I have an 05 tahoe. The driver side speaker was cutting in and out. My fiancé got me a new stereo and door speakers due to factory CD player eating CDs and one back speaker being blown. After putting new stuff in we noticed the driver speaker is still not working completely. The tweeter works fine but the bass producing part doesn't. Anyone know how to go about finding the issue? I tried following the wires to see if maybe one was cut or chafing to make it not work but, all the door control wire are bundled together and I didn't want to unbundle them I not necessary. The factory system was basic (not Bose) if that helps. Thanks!
Old December 28th, 2015, 11:01 PM
CF Active Member

Hate to spoil it for you after all the work..............but new radio/spks and still same problem.......bad wire somewhere. Myself, I would attach a speaker wire to the adapter plug that you used for the factory connector, and run it to the l/door. You can push it through the rubber grommet that holds the harness, that is JMHO. Good luck.
David g.
Old December 29th, 2015, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justimagination
Hate to spoil it for you after all the work..............but new radio/spks and still same problem.......bad wire somewhere. Myself, I would attach a speaker wire to the adapter plug that you used for the factory connector, and run it to the l/door. You can push it through the rubber grommet that holds the harness, that is JMHO. Good luck.
David g.
Thanks for the input! I had already been brainstorming and figured that would be the easiest, most hassle-free way to deal with it. But, wanted to make sure there wasn't a more simple fix to the problem. It shouldn't take too long (fingers crossed). Thanks again!