Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver Seat Won't Go Back

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2023, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Seat Won't Go Back

We have a 2021 Suburban High Country. It's my wife's vehicle, so I drive it only occasionally. I set the presets for the driver's power seat set for her and for me. When I went to drive it yesterday, I pressed the preset button for my seat position. Instead of going back like normal, it started going forward, almost all the way to the steering wheel. I assume my wife accidentally messed things up. So I manually moved the seat back. However, the seat would not go all the way back like normal. It's a good 3-4 inches short of where it usually goes to (the most rearward position). I checked for physical obstructions, and there's nothing.

I'm wondering if it's something electronic or computer related. A couple of things cause me to think this. Yesterday and today, I've noticed that when I've used the present buttons, the seat moves sporadically and sometimes not at all. Also, I recently downloaded and installed a system update when prompted on the center screen. That was the last time I was in the vehicle before experiencing this current issue. I wonder if it's all connected.

Anyone experience similar issues, or have any suggestions?
Old May 28th, 2023, 12:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last week, I had pretty much the same situation, I have a 2001 Yukon XL. I redid the headliner and in order to get it back in, I had to move the front passenger seat all the way forward. When I did that, I went past the limit switch or whatever was used to limit the travel.

So, I went to the back underneath of the seat, there is a plastic electric plug in connection with about 8 wires. Two of them are noticeably larger, the are the feed wires. Pull the connection apart. Now jump, with a wire between the large red wire and the other wires. When you hit the correct wire and the seat moves, that fixes the problem. Everything is back to normal.

I learned my lesson, it's an easy 5 minute fix, but I had to figure the solution out first.

This YouTube video helped:

How did you move the seat manually, I couldn't move mine.

Good Luck

Tom