Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2012, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Mirror

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, it has provided very good service. My problem, other than the Dash cracking for no reason, is the Driver's Side Mirror will no longer adjust via the motor or Memory settings.

I can hear the motor run and the mirror will move if I put a very slight pressure on the mirror while operating the adjust switch. I have researched on the Internet and I can purchase a new motor for about a $100 but will not do so until I can remove the mirror glass to get access to the motor.

I have tried to remove the mirror glass from the mirror side but have quit when I feel the mirror might break, I am not prepared to spend the $400 plus to replace the assembly. My assembly is Power Fold, Heated, Memory, Turn Signal in glass and Puddle Light.

My questions:

1. Does anyone know the procedure for removing the mirror glass to get access to the motor or where I can view that procedure online. I have found a couple of videos online but they are not for my Side Mirror.

2. Does anyone know of an aftermarket Side Mirror Assembly having the features listed above. I have been unsuccessful in my searches even going diretly to the manufacturer's site. I have not ried the Junk Yards, don't like buying a pig-in-the-poke.

I will appreciate your input and advice.
Old May 17th, 2012, 9:39 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Give this a read

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...mirrors-46062/
Old May 18th, 2012, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thks for the input. Have printed and will give it a try and report back.