Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

driver's door rattle

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2009, 7:44 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default driver's door rattle

OK, i give up, i've been to the dealer now 5x and my driver's door STILL rattles.

they have insulated it, new striker, and claim to be unable to hear it...

well, I don't work with air tools for a living and I CAN hear it...

so, I guess I will pop the panel this week hopefully, even though its freezing f*cking cold and I shouldn't have to because its under warrenty!!!

it sounds like the door lock mechanism is rocking back/forth when I hit bumps on the highway... i assume wrapping some of the metal w/electrical tape will stop this... I dont think the dealer ever pulled the damn door panel...
Old October 20th, 2009, 7:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STS -- Keep me posted, please. I have the same rattle (I think) from time to time. I'd like to know what your solution is.
Old October 20th, 2009, 9:04 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ok

i will take photos, document my time and ask GM for a refund... they have offered me some $ because the voice commands for destinations on my sat nav don't work (100% factory everything, came that way)... I have no mods to vehicle.
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
i will take photos, document my time and ask GM for a refund... they have offered me some $ because the voice commands for destinations on my sat nav don't work (100% factory everything, came that way)... I have no mods to vehicle.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of $ are we talking about?
Old January 21st, 2012, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Door rattles

I am having the same rattle nose from my 08 suburban ... The service dept said it was the door striker. They replaced it, but I am still having the same noise. We're you able to fix yours? If so, how?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Terizae22,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your Suburban. The cause of the rattle may be the bushings & pins. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection by a certified technician.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service