Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver's main switch can't roll down or unlock passenger door

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2007, 9:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's main switch can't roll down or unlock passenger door

Strange thing happened this morning. When I got in and started my '07 Tahoe up, the driver's main switch couldn't unlock the front passenger door and it couldn't roll that same window up or down. The driver's switches for the other passenger doors and the driver's door worked fine. Also, the switches on that door worked fine to unlock/lock and roll up/down the window. I was in a hurry to drop the kids off at school, so I used that door's switch to roll the window up. As I put it in gear to start, the automatic lock feature locked all the doors, except for the front passenger. Anyway, when I got to the school and parked, shut off the engine, and locked the doors with the remote. The remote locked all the doors! The remote also unlocked all the doors as usual. Once I unlocked the doors with the remote, the driver's main switch was once again able to unlock all the doors and also work all the windows. Very strange.
Old September 11th, 2007, 9:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Driver's main switch can't roll down or unlock passenger door

There is a reprogram your dealer can do for this. They will reprogram your vehicle the with updated software for you Driver's Door Switch and PDS. It should resolve the issue. I had this done a long time ago and everything is fine now.

See this thread for other reprogramming info...

https://chevroletforum.com/m_14997/tm.htm
Old September 12th, 2007, 9:05 AM
davemec

haidangwa, I've had this happen too, and got the dealership to do the required fix, but it still seems to come back every now and then. I am in the process of trying to get them to fix it again, but they say they can't reproduce the problem since it doesn't happen all the time.
Old September 12th, 2007, 7:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As it says in the linked thread. Some dealers are not good at doing the reprogram upgrades. Make sure they use the prescribed "passthru" method

Have the dealer reprogram the driver door switch (DDS) and passenger door switch (PDS) using SPS and Pass-Thru method, with updated software calibrations.
Been having some issue with these little guys holding data correctly lately.

One error that dealers are commonly making when the reprogram the modules with these updated calibrations is that some are not using the Pass-Thru method.
You may want them to try it again and stress that they need to use the Pass-Thru method to complete this proceedure