Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

drivers side mirror

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2010, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers side mirror

I have used the search feature and all the threads that came up started with people explainning the issue i have but then it doesnt have any posts on how they resolved it.

This is my issue: I have a bad drivers side mirror. Just the glass part. It is heated, power and has the auto dimming feature. I have been searching for a few days and i cant find one. How the hel! do people get there mirrors repaired when damaged. Please dont tell me ebay becasue they have none that are matching what i need.
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
CF Active Member

I had one do the same thing the glass seal leaked. there is two plates of glass and a fluid in there. I found out the mirror is a dealer only item and the dealer was $500 bucks just for the mirror, no labor. not sure if there is any where else to look. I dont think there is a way to repair it, but not sure.
Old May 27th, 2010, 3:32 PM
dh1
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default try recyclers

I found one locally for $125 complete.

go to www.car-part.com and search the inventory of local salvage yards. You will need to look for one of the 2 following:

<label for="10">Electric, (sail mount, fold away), heated mirror opt DR2, LT, L.</label>
Electric, (sail mount, fold away), heated mirror opt DR2, exc. LT; L

The exc.LT stands for except the LT (Z71 offroad) models. The LT models had power folding mechanisms, the others did not.

I had to call 3 different yards before I found one that had the mirror properly classified in the inventory system, but I still got one.
Old May 28th, 2010, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dh1
I found one locally for $125 complete.

go to www.car-part.com and search the inventory of local salvage yards. You will need to look for one of the 2 following:

<LABEL for=10>Electric, (sail mount, fold away), heated mirror opt DR2, LT, L.</LABEL>
Electric, (sail mount, fold away), heated mirror opt DR2, exc. LT; L

The exc.LT stands for except the LT (Z71 offroad) models. The LT models had power folding mechanisms, the others did not.

I had to call 3 different yards before I found one that had the mirror properly classified in the inventory system, but I still got one.
My truck is a z71 so are your listing for what i need to search correct? If the exc.LT stands for except the LT (Z71 offroad) models then that one ios not for me, am i correct?
Old May 28th, 2010, 5:19 PM
dh1
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinniety
My truck is a z71 so are your listing for what i need to search correct? If the exc.LT stands for except the LT (Z71 offroad) models then that one ios not for me, am i correct?
The Z71 is the LT Offroad package, correct? The exc. LT indicates this would be for the LS and other models..so you are right. Pick the LT model and see what you come up with.

From what the dealer told me, the difference between the two mirrors was that the LT had power folding option. The other models are electric adjustment, heated, autodimming...but manual folding. I would expect that either would work, but if you want the power folding feature, you need to find the LT model.

Be sure to call the yards and ask some specific questions about the mirror before you buy. I called a couple yards that had their mirrors tagged incorrectly. The self dimming mirror will have the letters gntx or some such on the bottom of the glass.

Is your housing broke? If not, you could get either model mirror, and simply swap the glass. All of the DR2 feature codes are self dimming/ heated glass.
Old June 10th, 2010, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

If the glass is only cracked but still intact & you don't care about the heated feature, try getting a replacement glass from an auto prts store like Autozone. I bought one last week, already cut to fit, for $8.00. It came with double sided tape and looks like nothing ever happened.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Sparky Sparks
If the glass is only cracked but still intact & you don't care about the heated feature, try getting a replacement glass from an auto prts store like Autozone. I bought one last week, already cut to fit, for $8.00. It came with double sided tape and looks like nothing ever happened.
Thanks Sparky but i went ahead and found one at the junkyard.