Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Drivers Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2012, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Side Mirror

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ on which the Drivers Side Mirror has stopped Power adjusting. I can lightly touch the mirror while trying to electrically adjust and the mirror will move, I can hear the motor running whether I touch the mirror or not.

It is a power foldaway with heat, memory, puddle light and turn signal in glass. While I believe it is the motor and I can find the motor online I am unable to remove the mirror glass to access the motor.

I have looked on the web and have found no aftermarket mirror assemblies to fit. Have gone to the Chevy parts site and an assembly replacement is $400 plus per assembly.

Would like to replace motor and will appreciate anyone telling me how to remove the mirror glass so I can access the motor or direct me to a reasonbly priced full assembly.

Thks.
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Have you tried eBay? You might be able find a good replacement there.
Old May 16th, 2012, 7:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Post Drivers Side Mirror

Originally Posted by weewun
I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ on which the Drivers Side Mirror has stopped Power adjusting. I can lightly touch the mirror while trying to electrically adjust and the mirror will move, I can hear the motor running whether I touch the mirror or not.

It is a power foldaway with heat, memory, puddle light and turn signal in glass. While I believe it is the motor and I can find the motor online I am unable to remove the mirror glass to access the motor.

I have looked on the web and have found no aftermarket mirror assemblies to fit. Have gone to the Chevy parts site and an assembly replacement is $400 plus per assembly.

Would like to replace motor and will appreciate anyone telling me how to remove the mirror glass so I can access the motor or direct me to a reasonbly priced full assembly.

Thks.
Apply the silicon to the mirror frame and then apply light force on the glass and push it in to the frame. Hold the glass with the help of masking tape in its place, and adjust the glass to get it into the correct position. Then wait until the silicon gets dry. When silicon becomes dry, remove the glass out of the frame with light hand and adjust its position whenever it’s needed during the removal process.
Old May 18th, 2012, 3:26 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I thought I had posted this the other day....

try this link as it details how to remove the mirror...
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...mirrors-46062/
Old December 4th, 2013, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

I am new to this forum and to all forums for that matter. I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ which the driver side mirror stopped folding. It tries but never folds. I have read several posts, but my questions is " Has anyone ever bought a cheaper power folding mirror and changed the folding motor?" Mine is the one that is totally loaded so it will cost in the high $300 to replace. I can find basic power folding mirrors for less then $100.