Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dually suburban for sale

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2018, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dually suburban for sale

Old October 9th, 2018, 11:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not exactly my cup of tea. Looks unfinished and kind of ratty. Those dually fenders continuing into the rear door look awful. I know there are better options than that. I think the seller is quite optimistic with the asking price.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

Last edited by Silverfox103; October 10th, 2018 at 9:49 AM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Silverfox103
Not exactly my cup of tea. Looks unfinished and kind of ratty. Those dually fenders continuing into the rear door look awful. I know there are better options than that. I think the seller is quite optimistic with the asking price.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

Thanks bud!
Old October 9th, 2018, 7:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You posted a link from ebay, no mention that it belonged to you or any other member, just a link.

Last edited by Silverfox103; October 10th, 2018 at 9:53 AM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Silverfox103
You posted a link from ebay, no mention that it belonged to you or any other member, just a link.
Did I really? Awww.
Old October 9th, 2018, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Sweet truck

Originally Posted by Countrylatin

THAT TRUCK IS BADASS!!! It’s sad how people come on here to hate 😂 must be ford drivers.
Old October 9th, 2018, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by chevylover32

THAT TRUCK IS BADASS!!! It’s sad how people come on here to hate 😂 must be ford drivers.
to be fair, they probably own a Chevy. A cute little 2.2 s10...
Old October 10th, 2018, 6:17 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

While an 8.1 dually Suburban is pretty badass, I question the actual benefit. I guess I'm more of a function over form guy, and I don't see how you get any additional capability out of such a modification. Still have an 8600 GVWR, but with a lower payload now because of all the added weight. The rear axle can certainly carry more weight now, since the limiting factor in stock 2500 Burbs is the tires, but no other upgrade means you're still stuck with 8600 GVWR brakes.

The 8.1 Suburbans are certainly unicorns, but I seriously question the value of $19k. Maybe, if the truck had 100k miles, it might be worth that. But that value with 190k miles on it? It's not a diesel.

You've got unpainted fenders, a whole bunch of spaghetti wiring hanging down from the rear, and anyone over 20 has no interest in train horns. If you want top dollar for it, get the fenders painted, remove all the stickers and tidy things up. Right now, it looks like someone's incomplete project. And you said it yourself - the T-case needs to be rebuilt.

If I was in the market, I might offer $8k or $9k. And no, I don't drive a cute little 2.2 S10.

ETA: This is my cute little truck, and I know it's not even worth $19k:
Dually suburban for sale-m8y6tbe.jpg

Last edited by intheburbs; October 10th, 2018 at 6:20 AM.
Old October 10th, 2018, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by intheburbs
While an 8.1 dually Suburban is pretty badass, I question the actual benefit. I guess I'm more of a function over form guy, and I don't see how you get any additional capability out of such a modification. Still have an 8600 GVWR, but with a lower payload now because of all the added weight. The rear axle can certainly carry more weight now, since the limiting factor in stock 2500 Burbs is the tires, but no other upgrade means you're still stuck with 8600 GVWR brakes.

The 8.1 Suburbans are certainly unicorns, but I seriously question the value of $19k. Maybe, if the truck had 100k miles, it might be worth that. But that value with 190k miles on it? It's not a diesel.

You've got unpainted fenders, a whole bunch of spaghetti wiring hanging down from the rear, and anyone over 20 has no interest in train horns. If you want top dollar for it, get the fenders painted, remove all the stickers and tidy things up. Right now, it looks like someone's incomplete project. And you said it yourself - the T-case needs to be rebuilt.

If I was in the market, I might offer $8k or $9k. And no, I don't drive a cute little 2.2 S10.

nice truck. I’d take 9 for it.
Old October 10th, 2018, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by intheburbs

that is a nice truck, to regular for me though , I like to stand out and be unique! I personally wouldn’t look twice at your truck driving Down the road but the one honking at me with a train horn hell yeah im looking!!! Who doesn’t love train horns besides my 80 year old grandma