Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DVD front view override

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2019, 10:23 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

this post is a little old to be trying to attack someone
The following users liked this post:
99fxst99 (December 29th, 2019)
Old February 27th, 2020, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uraijit
Why the hell are you trying to watch DVDs while driving? Don't you think driving is more important than watching Sex and The City? Get a grip! I hope you get a fat ticket, or lose your license before you hurt somebody. And learn to put your makeup on BEFORE you leave the house.

A good friend of mine was killed by an idiot who's makeup was more important than the fact that she was operating several thousand pounds of machinery; and incidentally, more important than another person's life. How about you focus on driving, and save the movies for home?
no offense but whether it is movies or just self thoughts, without self discipline and focus can get you killed too. Although having a multimedia device in cars is not just for the driver, it is also for the passengers. Playing cartoons while in motion can minimize tantrums of children on board, playing drama while moving can eliminate wife nagging inside the car. Or parents in laws' berating. Any responsible driver knows when not to be distracted even with everything going on around him. A bad driver, even with the graveyard's silence, can think of something enough to distract their mind focus.

Old February 28th, 2020, 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank you- finally someone civil

Originally Posted by rikkivoi tee
no offense but whether it is movies or just self thoughts, without self discipline and focus can get you killed too. Although having a multimedia device in cars is not just for the driver, it is also for the passengers. Playing cartoons while in motion can minimize tantrums of children on board, playing drama while moving can eliminate wife nagging inside the car. Or parents in laws' berating. Any responsible driver knows when not to be distracted even with everything going on around him. A bad driver, even with the graveyard's silence, can think of something enough to distract their mind focus.
facts
Old June 30th, 2020, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Douchebag

So the front passenger can watch on a trip you moron....

Originally Posted by uraijit
why the hell are you trying to watch dvds while driving? Don't you think driving is more important than watching sex and the city? Get a grip! I hope you get a fat ticket, or lose your license before you hurt somebody. And learn to put your makeup on before you leave the house.

A good friend of mine was killed by an idiot who's makeup was more important than the fact that she was operating several thousand pounds of machinery; and incidentally, more important than another person's life. How about you focus on driving, and save the movies for home?
Old September 1st, 2021, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gdf7279
I agree that this is a little harsh, but I kind of agree with the point. Even if it is for the passenger I think it would distract the driver... Hey, I find sometimes I have to turn off the DVD Player in the back because just the sound is making me want to look back to see what's on the screen. Safety and courtesy first... However, in the end it doesn't matter what everyone says, people still drink and drive which is even worse, so how do we stop people from Watching TV, Checking Email, Playing on the Computer, and stuff like that when driving... It sucks, but just shows, you can't trust the other drivers...
I doubt that it would distract you more than all the other things going on in a vehicle full of family if you are a responsible driver. When you have a large group of people in a vehicle a movie can be a great way to keep them quiet and entertain and if you are a parent you would know they watch the same thing over and over and you already know the dialogue as well as you know any song of your preference so right about the same amount of distraction if you ask me, older kids usually prefer to ride in the front some of them like gaming things and all sorts of you tube channels that more times than not are not at all interesting for the parents but could totally keep them engaged while you drive rather than hearing them argue wich by the way tends to be way more distracting ( for the super parents that will post that you should learn to control your kids, mine are already adults turned out great and more times than not drove me crazy in the car despite me being described as a "drill sargent") with that said I will also look for a way to disable the limitations to the front screen as well as the input availabilities since I still travel a lot with my adult young men and they will use the front screen for viewing whatever it is they prefer while I safely drive on the road
Old Today, 12:04 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default How to override the screen said: can't drive watching DVD...

The problem is that even with the engine OFF , can't see any movie . Every 10 seconds displays the same about not to see movies while drive... but I AM NOT DRIVING !!! This make me so engry , even my guys can't see anything ...I drive and the can't see any movie...

Parked and engine off and can't see my movie.